Ch 18 - Goal challenge (2/2) & 3 man team

Thoughts/talking with M/n: ' '
M/n: Monster name
Bold: screaming/Internal screaming

Strong/foul language is used in one part of the chapter.
———————————————————

Y/n uses a curve shot that he may or may not have learned from Rin the many times when he went up against Rin and his team. There were now 87 goals left with 55 minutes left, and Ego didn't want the Semi polished Gem known as Y/n L/n to fail. Ego upped the number of Balls shot towards Y/n from two to three balls now, as to give Y/n a lot more breathing room as well as to score more in a shorter time span.

- 20 minutes later -

40 minutes left with 50 goals left to be scored. This allowed Y/n to get more so get used to using Isagi's and Niko's spatial awareness. So this was sorta of a plus as Y/n had the time to test out combinations of weapons.

Three balls were shot at Y/n with a few seconds in between them. As he jumped to trap the ball and then volleyed it into another ball slowing the two balls down. As he shot the third ball when he was in a blind spot as it went in and hit the digital goal net.

Y/n jumped and bicycle kicked one of the two balls in the air towards the goal as it went in, Y/n ran towards the second ball in the air. He then jumped, canceled out the momentum of the ball, and shot it, scoring yet again.

3 balls came as Y/n scored again three more times with a volley, curve, and mid range shots. Ego quickly deduced that Y/n was scoring 6 goals in 5 minutes which gives Y/n enough time to score the remaining 44 goals.

- 30 minutes later -

36 goals had been scored as Y/n had gotten incredibly tired as he had to score 200 goals with no breaks under 120 minutes.

We cut back to Ego and Anri as she focused on other players while Ego focused on Y/n.

One thought crossed Anri's mind.

'What happened to his parents?' Anri referring to Y/n. She looked towards Ego and before she could ask they looked back at Y/n's screen as a goal had been scored.

There was only 10 minutes left on the timer with only 8 goals left to be scored. Y/n was pushing his stamina as he quickly scored a goal as he trapped the ball and scored again.

Y/n quickly trapped and shot with no hesitation while also trapping the other two balls as Y/n had one thought.

'I won't let this be the END OF MY CAREER!' as he shot both balls somehow as the goal counter went down by 3 making it 5 goals left. Y/n landed as he looked towards the timer with their being 8 minutes left.

Y/n scored the remaining 5 goals as the timer was 2 minutes, as it showed that Y/n had cleared the first stage of the second selection. Y/n walked into a room with the rank of 25 as people started to trash talk as Y/n went in third.

"I had to score 200 fucking goals in 120 minutes, So shut the fuck up!" Y/n said irritated. This shocked all of them as they barely managed to score 100 goals in 90 minutes. One person came up to Y/n that being Rank 4 the person who cleared the first stage fourth.

"Wanna team up?" Y/n looking at the fourth ranked player.

"Sure" Y/n said.

"Also what's your name?" Y/n asked.

"Kurona" the fourth ranked player now known as Kurona.

"And Yours?" Kurona asks.

"Y/n," Y/n replies with.

"And let's wait for our third member" Y/n said as Kurona nodded in agreement. Y/n was thinking about who can be a good third member as two people walked into the room with some time in between. Y/n then saw Reo sulking alone in a corner.

'So Nagi left him for Isagi, eh?' Y/n thought as Y/n was remembering Reo's skills. Before Y/n can approach Reo, he turned to see Kurona talking with a cyan haired teen. An as Y/n looked back at Reo who was being miserable the two came up to Y/n.

"Found our third member" Kurona said as the cyan haired teen looked at Y/n as well as his rank. The third member of this team is three for the next stage of this selection.

"My name's Hiori Yo, nice to meet you?" the cyan haired teen now known as Hiori.

"Y/n L/n and likewise" Y/n said. As the three teens walked towards the door leading to the next stage of the second selection.

Y/n L/n, Hiori Yo, Kurona Ranze go on to the next stage

Reo looks up at Y/n and his two teammates as he clenches his fists. As he aka Y/n is one of the reasons they lost which in turn made Nagi leave him. Y/n looks back at Reo with a smile that gives Reo a message.

'Challenge me, if you dare'

Y/n was walking behind Kurona and Hiori as Y/n was thinking of his next plan of action.

"Let's go and rest as I very much need it" Y/n says to the two.

"Agreed" The two say as Kurona had told Hiori about how many goals Y/n had to score and the amount of time he had. They enter their living quarters and decide who gets what bed, and after making that decision they head to bed to get some well deserved rest.