𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐲

"Ohh I can hear the battle cry at war with my heart and mind And they marching in

"Ohh I can hear the battle cry at war with my heart and mind And they marching in."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The term family was used heavily when trying to describe a feeling toward the people who you share blood with. It was something that was supposed to bond you and comfort you but also empower you.

O'Kemi Brooks was taught the meaning of family from the moment he was born—it was what his entire legacy was built on the heart and soul of family and what it truly meant to be one.

But if you were to ask him how he felt about the meaning of family he'd tell you it was anything but a bond that made you feel safe as his family was dysfunctional for the life of them.

Every member of his family had their own personal quality that added to their dysfunctional relationship but the root of the problem always led up to the creator of the family which would be his dad.

He wasn't a bad dad per-say but he wasn't a perfect one either in fact he was an okay dad for the most part but he treated his children more like property than actually human beings and he treated O'Kemi the worst of the bunch.

Mainly because he was gay, and his dad couldn't see past that he just was too old fashioned and stuck in his homophobia that he only saw Kemi as a thing and not a person which tarnished their relationship.

His mother was his full supporter in life and was ten toes behind him no matter what—it's what led him to make a big decision that would affect how their family would be for the rest of his life.

He decided to break away from that family legacy and live on his own to pursue his music career. He was a talented singer and songwriter and he knew as long as he lived with his family he wouldn't be as big as he wanted to be.

So he left New York and moved to Philadelphia where he embarked on a new journey. And soon he became a mere name around the streets of Philadelphia attracting a good number of fans.

When a new Boxer by the name of Adonis Creed moves upstairs from him the two men meet one another, Adonis was an impulsive man who wanted to prove himself to be just like his father.

While Kemi was a rising star who wanted nothing to do with his father's legacy of music and instead wanted to shape his own name.

The two men end up finding more in common with each other than they thought they would and soon their strengths would become each other's åweakness and their weakness would become each other's strengths.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃