𝟎𝟒.

Not Dates▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃━04

Not Dates
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
━04. Quiet Conversations

Kemi jogged up the stairs to his apartment, he had been out running since 8 in the morning. It was just to clear his mind so he could write this song.

He had a studio session tomorrow where they would be going over a venue for him to perform at. It was his first big performance in a while.

He opened the door seeing Katlyn still asleep on the couch. She was too drunk from last night to even comprehend that she wasn't at her house.

He shook his head going into the kitchen where he grabbed some hot tea pouring it into a cup he walked into the living room where Katlyn was just waking up.

"Here." He held the cup out to her and she took it with a groan.

"What the hell did we get into last night?" She grumbled, making him laugh.

"No you mean what the hell did you get into last night you were way too drunk and I had to carry your ass up the stairs."

"Damn I ain't never been that drunk, kinda liquor they got in Philly?" Katelyn mutters making him chuckle.

"The kind I don't want, I don't need nobody carrying my ass up the stairs."

"Oh but you could sit up in that fine ass man's face last night." Katlyn grinned, making him roll his eyes while he grabbed some stuff to cook.

"First of all he sat in front of me, I didn't invite him over there. Second it wasn't even like that—he's that neighbor I was telling you about."

"The one who was banging on your door like a madman?" Popping her head up he nodded.

"Yeah, him we were just kicking it—but that's about it. You know I ain't ready for that type of stuff."

"You need to leave Devon in the past—not every nigga is like him, maybe this new guy is the one you've been searching for." Rolling his eyes, Kemi placed some bacon on the grill.

"That's not why I came here Kate, I came here to focus on my music I ain't bout to let no nigga detour me away from that."

"See this is why you barely have friends." Katelyn sat up pointing at him.

"And why is that?"

"Because your so wrapped up in your music that you push other people away, it's not healthy and it's toxic your so badly trying to prove your not your father that you act just like the nigga."

"That's not true and you know it—it's not my fault that I care about my career and you don't, I may have a famous father but that shit doesn't mean nothing if you don't have talent." He waved her off, shaking his head.

"And you wouldn't understand that because you thrive from your daddy being famous—ain't have to work for a damn thing in your life." Muttering, he walked into his room.