A Salty Christmas Story

Requested by SharitaPatterson

It's a late class salt Christmas fic (my bad lmao)

Poly Marinette, Kagami, and Luka and one of our favorite gay romances of the tomato and the blackberry

The group plans a double date and the class tries to ruin it

Kinda short cuz I didn't want to make it long with too many characters and dialogue and I updated like 3 chapters of other stories so I'm kinda braindead lmao

Marinette took a breath of the wintry air and smiled. It was the last day before winter break (IK I already had one like this but don't judge T-T) and she was excited. Not for school, because all she was surrounded by was liars, fakers, and gold diggers who took advantage of their friendship. But after class, Marinette was going on her date with Luka and Kagami, along with Marc and Nathaniel, making it a double date.

The main reason why Marinette was excited was because she had never done a double date before, especially since she has two lovers. I mean, sharing is caring right?

Anyways, the group planned  reservation at a dinner place (personally Mexican food is my favorite like non-American food so I pictured there a little bit) and would watch the meteor shower scheduled for that night. A simple but romantic gesture.

As Marinette daydreamed all throughout class that day, Lila and her posse kept trying to ruin her day. When they realized they weren't getting through to her, they created a plan.

"Ok, so you're going to follow her and see what her plans are later. We can surprise her and demand she makes up with Lila so we can all hang out together." Alya explained to Alix while they schemed at lunch. Marinette was out, probably at the bakery and assisting with the lunch rush. She figured Alix would be the most successful because she had roller blades and those would be faster on foot. Lila agreed, saying how if anything went wrong she could warn them beforehand. Alix agreed and hovered around Marinette that entire day, trying to figure out her plans. Adrien didn't think it was a good idea, since Marinette was entitled to her own business, but Alya shut that down with 'We're friends, of course her business is my business too.'" (U guys see what I did there T-T)

When all seemed lost, Lila overheard Marinette talk about a double date planned at a restaurant not too far from the school. The liar returned back to the group with a time and location. The official plan was to wait outside the building until the date was over, or sneak inside and confront in the bathroom as a private place.

Now, planning to talk to Marinette and actually making that happen were two different things. For one, Alya knew how busy that particular restaurant gets, especially for couples or family members. They could easily lose track of the girl, but it shouldn't be too hard since not too many people have the same shade of hair she does.

Alya's mother also made her learn proper etiquette for certain establishments, so they had to blend in and look like they paid to get in rather than sneaking in.

Lila however, knew this was easily a faulty plan and decided to save herself. So before the group got ready to confront, Lila called Alya teary eyed that she had something come up at the last minute and couldn't be there. But she said she was able to book a last minute reservation so they wouldn't sneak in and possibly embarrass themselves. 

Alya, still not seeing that it was not possible to get a reservation that late because there was a very long waitlist, believed her, thanked her, and comforted her that they would update her later.

Since there was one less member, the plan turned into an 'Everyone For Themselves' type of situation. Alya wanted to get in with the reservation while Alix wanted to sneak in. She was skeptical about how quickly Lila brought it up, but didn't mention anything earlier.