Power Of The Deputy

Alya Salttttt

Alya believes she should be in charge as Class Representative since Marinette's attitude took a turn after Lila showed up. But no one in the class has made any moves to remove her of her powers. So if Marinette won't handle the situation, Alya will.

Maybe if Alya fact checked Lila prior, things wouldn't have turned out the way they did.

It's literally just Alya trying to figure out the truth of why people don't like Lila, nothin major. Wanted to do something kind simple since I've been busier lately🥲

Alya couldn't understand. Marinette clearly is letting her personal feelings get in the way of what needs to be done.

What happened, you might ask? Well, it all started when Lila came back.

The Italian had just returned from a month off in another country helping with charities (she's such a sweetheart), and even told them stories of what happened on her trip.

But Marinette and her friends were laughing in the background, and were interrupting Lila. Even Ms. Bustier shushed them! But they didn't listen.

It's all because of Chloe, Alya believed. If she never befriended Marinette and replaced me, we would still be best friends and could have even welcomed Lila into the friend group. What does Marinette see in her?

It didn't help that Chloe openly called out Lila's lies. Alya constantly shut her down and would turn to Marinette for help, but she would just let her keep going. The bluenette even went as far as to turn the blind eye and talk to friends in another class. How rude!

As the Class Rep, Marinette is supposed to look out for others. But when an obvious bullying situation like this arises, Marinette does nothing? This only proved to Alya that Marinette is not fit for the job. She didn't like Lila at all, which means it must be a personal matter. You shouldn't let personal situations cloud your judgement, and that was exactly what Marinette was doing. It was time to show her that this cannot go any further!

So, Alya made a plan. She would go after every person who has a grudge against Lila, demand their proof as to how Lila is bad, and will strip Marinette of her power. It can't be that hard, right?

🐝🐝🐝

It turns out it can be that hard.

According to everyone else in the class, Marinette wasn't doing anything wrong. Adrien and Bustier were the only ones who saw the change and were skeptical of keeping Marinette in power, but didn't do anything. Not even Nino would side with her!

Okay, so that was quite a few supporters lost. But it was time for the first part of the plan! 

Alya knew a majority of people who were against Lila, and some don't even hide their disgust. They are in Marinette's newest friend group in another class.

Aurore Beauréal, Alya's blog competitor. The girls were constantly neck and neck for views, but all of Lila's latest interviews led a majority of viewers to the weather girl. Ever since then, Alya considered her an enemy. Alya never even thought about why people left in the first place.

Next was Kagami Tsurugi, also known as the Ice Queen. She and Marinette were love rivals for Adrien, but both simmered down and apparently are getting along now. Not just them, but even Chloe joined their mix. How out of it could Marinette be?

There was also Marc Anciel, Marinette's cousin. He was shy, quiet, and minded his own. But it's always the quiet ones that you need to be wary of the most. He wasn't as upfront about his distaste for Lila, but he certainly made it clear that he would rather not be around her. If anything, the one person he tends to hang out with the most...is Nathaniel.

Alya had an idea.

🐝🐝🐝

Alya decided to confront Marc. Surely if he heard anything bad about Lila, it was because of Nathaniel, right? If Marc had no direct connections with Lila, he had no reliable impression of her, especially if it's just based off of one person (it would technically be more since it would include Marinette and the friend group, but Alya ignored that fact).

Alya approached him during break and apparently scared the boy while he was writing. Alya internally smirked at her suspicions that Marc had a crush when she saw that he was drawing Nathaniel. The blogger was able to get Marc's opinion of Lila before the bell for class rang, which she considered to be progress.

Marc had heard of Lila because of his cousin, rumors from other students in other classes, and because the girl had confronted him once. She had learned that Marc and Marinette were related and wanted to see if he was a threat. Luckily, she didn't believe he was and left him alone.

That one event may or may not have made Nathaniel more protective, but now's not the time to get into that.

Then Alya asked the dreaded question: "Why do you hate Lila so much?"

"I don't hate Lila, just don't want to be around her. Besides, she lies so much I'm not sure if she's even genuine half the time. Would you want to be around someone like that?" The bell rang, signaling the end of their conversation.

As the duo walked their separate ways, they didn't notice a certain girl hiding away in the shadows.

🐝🐝🐝

Alya was still thinking about what Marc said during class and Lila noticed. Lila asked her what was wrong and Alya eventually admitted that Marc might have said something and asked if Lila would ever lie to her. Lila said she would never lie but made a note to check out the quiet boy again.

The next thing Alya knew, Marc was hospitalized and Nathaniel akumatized. According to Akumatized Nathaniel, Lila was caught on camera from a store's outdoor camera pushing Marc in front of an oncoming vehicle. She claimed he tripped but was caught smirking on the footage as he was taken away. That action was enough for Nathaniel to wish for the girl to be dead.

Ladybug and Cat Noir were able to stop him before he threw Lila off the Eiffel Tower, but Ladybug went with Nathaniel to make sure he would make it to Marc's side alright. Ladybug knew immediately Lila or Alya was the start of this fiasco and went to confront one of them as Marinette.

 It didn't take long until Alya confessed. She didn't mean for Marc to get hurt, and it's not like she did it! Regardless, Marinette still blamed her because she directly told Lila who said what about her, making her cousin an open target. Marinette told her she should consider herself lucky for not being sued by their family as an accomplice. Lila was already taken away since it was confirmed that the accident was deliberate.

In the end, Lila was arrested for attempted manslaughter and Alya got off with community service. The class was shaken up by how dark Lila truly turned out to be while cutting Adrien out for awhile for claiming that it wasn't a big deal. 

Marinette decided not to sue Alya, since her cousin ended up fine and in the arms of his lover in the end. Besides, as long as she realized that Lila was a bad person, there isn't much left to wish for.

Alya never told her why she originally got involved with Marc. She knew she would never redeem herself, but spent the rest of their school days respecting Marinette and how she watched over people who truly needed help. Alya hoped she could be just as influential as Marinette one day.

This ended up going nowhere😭

1267 words