Broken Trust Pt. 2

Marinette's rage seeps to the surface as the darkness consumes her. She is able to corrupt Marc as well as they crash a concert and spread their rage onto everyone.

My dog was put down after I finished the first part so this chapter might be darker than usual🥲

TW for violence, breaking and entering, bullying, mentions of bullying, possible cursing, songfighting, etc.

When the friend group got the call that Marinette passed out, they immediately dropped what they were doing and raced to her dorm. Luckily for them, Chloe, Kagami, and Aurore were her roommates so they each had a key. They opened the door to find Marinette's head in Luka's lap and a strangely dark mirror.

"What happened?!" Marc asked as he scanned his cousin. She had a few scrapes on her body, but nothing too bad. Marc hovered his hands over her body and focused on healing.

A perk they found out in classes was that some abilities can expand towards other factors that benefits the person. Such as, people who can manipulate plants can heal others, along with having the ability to manipulate water.

"Basically, Scarlett used Lily, Lily and Mari fought, twins died, Mari abandoned Lily, and is being corrupted by dark magic." Luka explained as he helped heal the bruises. He swore he saw a fire light in Kagami's eyes as her rage became known.

"Did Lily betray Marinette?" She asked coldly. Luka stayed silent. The group groaned as Marinette began to wake up.

"What happened?" She asked, sitting up.

"You fainted after looking in the mirror." Marinette looked at the darkened mirror. As she reached out to touch it, a crack appeared. The group flinched back.

"Maybe it's best it stays trapped somewhere. At least we will know where it is later on." Nathaniel suggested. Chloe and Marc put on some gloves and carefully picked up the mirror, placing it in a closet. Chloe locked the door and Marc put a chair in front of it.

"Tell us everything. Every little detail counts." Chloe demanded. Marinette told them the entire story, watching as their faces changed.

"So the twins are dead? What's going to happen when the school finds out?" Nino panicked. He didn't want to see his childhood best friend get taken away into a prison in a different world. Who knew if they even directly went to jail?

"If anything, they would just be declared missing. And Lily would be found at some point and spill everything." Marinette's eyes were clouded over. "I don't really care right now anyways. I'm gonna go lay down." The friends didn't stop her as she went to take a shower and go to bed.

"Are we sure she's alright?" Aurore asked. "I could see if there are any cameras near the building and hack them?"

"I don't think that's necessary, but remind me never to get on your bad side." Nathaniel joked. The group decided that they would check in with Marinette tomorrow and let her rest. Marc offered to stay over, but Luka refused to let him sleep on the couch.

"Besides," He pulled the boy over into a whisper. "Aren't you roommates with Nath?" Marc blushed as flowers started blooming in his hair.

"My cousin needs me more." He mustered out, rubbing his hair.

"She has me, and you are the first person I will call if anything is wrong, alright? You're only down the hall, after all." Luka eventually got Marc to leave as Luka watched over Marinette that night.