Twenty-Five - Seventh And Final Session

Some time passed before I was told I had a visitor. It was the first one I had since Julie came to say Mum had passed away. I remember that day, all I said to here was a single word before putting the phone down and walking away.

"Good."

Now that I thought about it, I heard that Julie's company was being investigated for fraudulent accusations. Apparently, the guy who Julie accused committed suicide and his wife was bringing charges against the company. Julie looked like shit when she came to see me, and I saw that she was wearing fairly cheap clothes. I wonder what she's doing now?

They led me to a waiting room, away from the phones – so this must be a special occasion. They handcuffed me to the table and told me that if I didn't behave myself then they would come down on me hard. It seemed strange I was led here, but apparently I had a special guest today.

It was only after the door was open again, I could smell the sweet scent of apples.

It has been a while since I smelt that sweet aroma. I went mad in the first month eating prison food, denied the sweet taste that I longed for – but I got used to it in the end. Now the smell hit me, I felt like I was in heaven again. Was this what King Arthur and his knights felt after finding the Holy Grail?

She walked in, and I could see that her face had a black eye and a cut by her lips as she raised a Glasgow smile. Many women would try to hide these as shameful – but not Dr Eve. She wore these with pride.

And in her hand, she held a plate of her freshly cooked pie. She placed it in front of me as she took a seat. I couldn't wait any longer and I devoured the pie. I had become addicted to it – ravished for it. Nothing else I ate came as close to this tastiness. Now I had the taste again and I prayed that I could never be parted from it.

Dr Eve fixed me with her yellow eyes and lit a cigarette. I could see from her packet she was on her tenth one. As she lit the end and drew in her breath, her face crackled somewhat as she blew out her breath.

"How's it going, Adam?"

But all I could focus on was the taste of the pie. The beautiful taste of the pie. A sin so hateful, yet so delightful. My eyes were filled with tears as I smiled through sin.