Eleven

Isabella's POV

As the Halloween movie plays on her phone screen, Jayden and I find ourselves drawn into the suspenseful atmosphere. The dimly lit classroom adds to the spooky vibe , and the hushed whispers of everyone in the class blend with the haunting soundtrack.

A sudden jump-scare catches me off guard. I let out a gasp , and she glances at me, chuckling at the reaction. My eyes widen, and a nervous laugh escapes my mouth as i try to recover.

"Gotcha," she teases , enjoying the playful scare.

A mix of embarrassment and amusement on my face. "Okay, I wasn't expecting that!"

We share a moment of laughter, and Jayden gives me a playful glare.With a mischievous grin, Jayden's eyes sparkling in the dim light. "Just keeping you on your toes, you know?" she says, her voice low and conspiratorial.

I shoot her a playful look, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, is that your secret weapon? Jump-scares and mysterious vibes?"

She chuckles, a sound that makes my heart do a little somersault. "Well, it seems to be working, doesn't it?"

The movie continues on the phone screen, but our attention is now on each other. There's a subtle electricity in the air, a shared amusement that lingers between us.

I decide to play along, giving her a smirk. "Alright, let's see if you can handle the next plot twist" . I place my hand on her inner thigh . Luckily , it was under the table and nobody saw . Not like we were doing anything bad it would have just been an awkward conversation.

I pause for a moment, sensing the shift in the atmosphere. "Smooth move," Jayden whispers, a mischievous glint still in her eyes. The suspense of the movie continues, but now there's an added tension between us, a different kind of thrill in the dimly lit room.

The teacher walks up to us after seeing that we weren't paying attention . Most of the class wasn't so I don't know why she only came up to us . Jayden try's to hide her phone but didn't have enough time to , the substitute holds her hand out to take the phone .

"I hate that bitch she's so annoying " Jayden gives the teacher an annoyed look after giving her the phone .

The teacher gives Jayden a stern look. "No phones during class, you know the rules," she asserts, holding onto the device." You can get it back at the end of the day "

The last 10 minutes of class was so boring but then again it was like every other day . There was only one class left though so the day wasn't that bad .

The bell rings signalling that it's time for last period . Maths . I hated maths more than I hated myself , i would literally rather die than be in maths . Maybe I should skip ? I walk around the school for a bit until the hallways cleared and everyone was in class , I walked to Jayden's class she's in her sociology class right now . I'm about to text her when I realise that she doesn't have her phone . I sigh and think of other ways to talk to her without getting caught , I look around her class through the small window on the door and see someone next to her and decide to text them .

I text them saying " tell Jayden to come outside " they get the message and show it to Jayden . She looks up and towards the door she sees me and smirks . Almost immediately she raises her hand and asks if she could go to the toilet .

I watch as the teacher grants her permission to go to the toilet. With a sly grin, she swiftly makes her way out, and we meet in the hallway.

"Couldn't handle math, huh?" she teases, a playful glint in her eyes.

I chuckle, grateful for the diversion. "Maths is my mortal enemy. "

We decide to take advantage of the break and escape to a quiet spot in the school courtyard.We find a peaceful bench under the trees, soaking up the sunlight.