Fifteen

Thank you soooo much Loiosh for the idea .

Jayden's POV

I make my way to the front door, my mind racing with the plan I have concocted to make things right. I ring the doorbell, my heart pounding as I wait for a response. When the door finally swings open, I am met with a look of surprise from Izzy, who clearly wasn't expecting me. I take a deep breath, trying to summon the courage to speak.

Isabella is sitting in the living room, her face pale and her eyes wide with fear. "What's going on?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"What are you doing here?" I take a deep breath, trying to focus my thoughts. "I need to talk to you about what happened earlier," I say, my voice shaky.

I walk closer to her so the wall isn't blocking my view of her . She's not alone. Maya is sitting next to her, her eyes filled with guilt, her face a mask of anguish.

"Maya," I say, my voice barely above a whisper. Isabella gets up and steps closer to me .

"Jayden"she says, her voice trembling.I ignore her, my focus solely on Maya.I had hoped against hope that I was wrong, that Isabella would never cheat on me. I knew my fears had come true. My heart sank like a stone and my hands shook with anger and disappointment.

" what is she doing here " I turn to Isabella her face was pale, and she opened her mouth to speak, but I was not about to let her explain.

"I can't believe you," I spat out. "After everything we've been through, after everything I've done for you"

Isabella's face crumpled, and she reached out a hand towards me. "Jayden, please, just let me explain-"

But I was not about to listen to her lies. "I don't want to hear it," I snapped. "I'm done, Isabella. We're through." I didn't mean anything It was the alcohol speaking . I really hoped Isabella would explain and none of this would happen .

I stormed out of the house, leaving Isabella and Maya staring at me, tears streaming down Izzy's face .

Isabella's POV

It wasn't until much later, when Jayden was probably safely at home, that I learned the truth. My brother had heard the whole thing from Jayden . Apparently they're friends now ? He had been the one to tell me that nothing had happened between Jayden and Hazel. I felt sick with regret and misery, but by then it was too late. The damage had been done, and Jayden was lost to me forever.

The days after our breakup were a blur. My heartache was intense, and I tried to distract myself in any way I could. But the one thought that kept gnawing at me was how everything had gone wrong so quickly. I couldn't stop replaying that scene in my mind—the moment I saw Jayden walk in. There was the call too. Jayden knew I had kept it a secret from her. I know that hurt her more but it hurt to see how stupid I was .

I didn't know how long I could go on pretending to be happy with Maya . It wasn't fair to her, or to myself. But every time I thought of reaching out to Jayden, the hurt would well up inside me. She couldn't trust me, and wouldn't forgive me .

I could see she truly cared for me. But now she's with Hazel and cares for her way more than she did for me . There was no spark, no real connection with me and Maya , It was just a shallow relationship , she's a rebound from Jay and she knows it too .

Days passed, and the pain began to dull. I realized that I still loved Jayden . Deep down, I always would. But she won't feel the same , I broke her so much . Maybe one day, she could find it in herself to let me explain .

It's been about 3 weeks since that day . It was like any other day filled with tears and ice cream but ... Jayden reached out to me. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her name on my phone, and I couldn't bring myself to answer. I was afraid. Afraid of what she would say, afraid of what she would want. But I couldn't ignore her , it was me who was with my ex after all . I took a deep breath and answered the call, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Isabella," Jayden said, her voice shaking. "I know we hurt each other, but I can't stop thinking about you. I still love you, Isabella and I want to try again." My heart swelled with hope, and I knew that I had to be honest with her. I had to tell her the truth, no matter how painful it was.

"Jayden," I said, my voice trembling. "I'm sorry for everything I did. But there's something you need to know. I cheated on you, Jayden. I cheated on you with Maya. It was a mistake, a stupid mistake, and I regret it every day. But it was never about her. It was always about us." I could hear the tears in her voice as she spoke.

"Isabella," she said again , her voice trembling. Before she could say anything else I speak again "There's something else you need to know. I know you know about the call and I'm sorry for keeping it from you. I didn't know it would have such a big impact I'm so very sorry Jay ".

Jayden was silent for a moment, and then she let out a shaky breath. "Isabella," she said, her voice filled with emotion. "I love you. " she lets out a little laugh I don't know if it was a nervous laugh or if she found this funny ? " Me and that girl never did anything " she goes silent for a moment and i see a notification popped up from her " look at what I sent you "

She hung up on me .

I stared at the phone, my heart pounding in my chest. What was Jayden talking about? I clicked on the message, my hands trembling as I waited for it to load. When it finally appeared, my heart sank. It was a video of someone walking into a room I couldn't see much as it pointing at the ceiling. In the video you could her two people , Jayden and Hazel ? Jayden was telling Hazel that she didn't want to do anything with her .

I felt a surge of confusion rise within me . How could i be so stupid ?

I clicked out of the video and called Jayden again . She was answered "Isabella ," she said, her voice nonchalant . "I know you're confused , but please. Please believe me. I never cheated on you. I never cheated on you with Hazel . I know why you would think that. "

I felt a pang of guilt wash over me . I called Maya because I thought Jayden cheated but she never did ? My head was spinning, my emotions a jumbled mess.

"I don't know to say . "my voice barely audible . My eyes filled with tears "Jayden," i said, my voice trembling. " hear me out. I know I've made mistakes with Maya and all . And I want to try to turn back time . I want to make things right. But I know I can't , if you could find it in you to maybe forgive me one day I will forever be grateful "

Kind of a short chapter sorryyyy but I wanted to leave it as a cliffhanger ... thank you again Loiosh for the idea . Also I don't know about this but I wanted to add things like instagram posts and stuff as the characters to make the story less boring , let me know if you would like that or not . 1310 words .