First Day

My name is Y/N L/N and I just moved to Evanston yesterday. My parents separated a few months ago and I chose to live with my Dad here, so there are a lot of new things in my life. New House, New life, New school, and no friends. 

Today is the first day of senior year which I am not prepared for at all. I'm not scared for school itself i had always gotten decent grades nothing to go crazy about but just enough to make my dad happy and for me to graduate. I'm scared to make friends its something I have never been good at I was fortunate enough to have two friends that I grew up with, but now I have to start over. I'm a shy person I hate lots of attention, but don't let that fool you I have always stood my ground against people who were unfriendly to me and tried to hurt me.

I wake up to my alarm blaring letting me know that I had to get up and prepare to explore a chaotic environment by myself. I lay in bed for a couple minutes debating if I should even go I decided I would to get up and take a shower. 

I try to wash away the stress and anxiety, but when I get out of the shower i realize its still there. I dry off and put on a white t-shirt with a red flannel over it that my dad got me. I throw on a pair of ripped black jeans and put on red vans that match my flannel perfectly. (Yes this is a very gay outfit but what can I say if the shoe fits wear it)

I put on a small amount of makeup and walk downstair to hear my dad making pancakes for me and listening to AC/DC

"Its 7am cant you listen to calmer music" I say jokingly. My dad turns around with a stupidly big smile on his face

"Good morning to you too monkey" he says knowing I hate being called that "stop calling me that I'm not 8 anymore" I say while rolling my eyes

He walks up to me giving me a big hug "I know but ill never stop calling you that even when you get my age" he chuckles "come sit down and eat, are you ready for today?" 

As I sit down and look at my plate full of the most perfect pancake I had every seen I say "yea totally I mean why wouldn't I be ready to start a whole new life" I can see my dad worrying about me so I try to comfort him "but I'm ready to finish this last year and start college I'm strong I got this dad don't worry" he gives me a smile and continues making food for himself

I finish eating and give my dad a kiss on the cheek goodbye as I walk out the door I hear him say "have fun kiddo I love you" I yell back at him "I love you too" 

I get into my silver Honda and start driving to the school. its a short ride to school I park in the back of the parking lot and start walking towards this new school. "I got this I got this" I repeat to myself while approaching the front doors.

As I walk in I hear the constant noise of all the other students talking to each other, lockers being opened and shut, and teachers yelling at the jocks to settle down. I go to the front office getting my schedule and locker information and start walking to my locker navigating through the busy crowd of teenagers trying to do the same thing.

I reach my locker finally and start putting away my backpack and notebooks and make my way to my first period English. As I walk in the class i see two jocks in the back throwing wads of paper at each other, a blonde girl who was trying to ignore them reading a book in front of them, a brown haired girl with a black jacket with paint all over it talking to a so obviously gay guy with short brown hair. hmm I take my chances and pick a desk right next to them and introduce myself. 

"uhm hey I'm y/n I'm new here" I say nervously trying to hide my anxiety

"hey there I'm Janis and this is Damian" the girl says giving me a small smile and the guy waves at me enthusiastically and he says "first things first you look painfully lesbian was that on purpose?" he asked obviously intrigued to know if I was gay or not

"oh this is very much on purpose I'm a lesbian" I say trying to sound confident 

"Thank god we don't have enough gays at this school" I hear the guy say I exhale calmly knowing that I may have found my first friends. "Really? this is a big school no other gay people?" I ask

"Unfortunately for me and you I have yet to find a single one, but that's okay we can stick together" he says cheerfully

I get to know the two until the teacher comes in and starts the lesson shortly after I hear the door open, but don't look up to see who walked in until I heard her mesmerizing voice "Sorry sir Karen and Gretchen distracted me" I look up and see a tall blonde goddess she has a short skirt that barely covered her ass and a black jacket on covering her white tank top. I had never seen someone so gorgeous before.

 I couldn't tell I was basically drooling at her until I feel a tap on my shoulder taking me out of my trance. It was Damian "That's Regina George she may be pretty but stay away from her she is the queen of the school and she will ruin your life if you get close to her" he says in a whisper so only Janis, him and I could hear it. 

I looked away from her trying not to stare any longer but I couldn't help myself I looked back up to find that she was seated across the room staring right back at me. As she looked at me I felt like there was no air in the room and I could feel the fear take over me. I look away quickly and back down at my notebook trying to shake the feeling. I could gather very quickly what he meant by queen of the school she was intimidating, she could easily make my life a living hell just from that one look.

This is going to be an interesting year.

~Authors note~

Hi lovelies what do you think so far? Hopefully this is as enjoyable to read as it was to write!