Round 2: Electric Boogaloo

[We open up on Y/n knocking on Charlie's door.]

Y/n: Charlie? You there? Vaggie told me to check up on ya. Is it ok to go in?

Charlie: *Startled by the knocking* Oh uh... Yeah, come on in.

[Y/n goes inside.]

Y/n: You ok?

Charlie: Y-Yeah, just still shaken up by the extermination being moved... Reading this helps me a bit *she closes the book "The Story of Hell"*

Y/n: *He reads* "The Story of Hell"? 

Charlie: Oh right, you're not from here... Say, want me to read it to you?

Y/n: Hm... sure, since I'm gonna be here for a while, might as well know the origins of it all. *he sits down next to her*

Charlie: Alright, a little storytime, here we go... 

Once upon a time, there was a glowing city protected by golden gates, known as Heaven. It was ruled by beings of pure light. Angels that worshiped good and shielded all from evil. Lucifer was one of these angels. He was a dreamer with fantastical ideas for all of creation. But, he was seen as a troublemaker by the elders of Heaven. For they felt his way of thinking was dangerous to the order of their world.

So, he watched as the angels began to expand the universe in their ways. From the dust of Earth, they created Adam and Lilith. Equals as the first of mankind, but despite this, Adam demanded control, and Lilith refused to submit to his will. She fled the Garden. Drawn in by her fierce independence, Lucifer found her and the two rebellious dreamers fell deeply in love. Together, they wished to share the magic of free will with humanity, offering the Fruit of Knowledge to Adam's new bride, Eve, who gladly accepted. But this gift came with a curse. For with this single act of disobedience, evil finally found its way into the Earth. With it, a new realm of darkness and sin. And the order Heaven worked to maintain was shattered.

As punishment for their reckless act, Heaven cast Lucifer and his love into the dark pit he had created, never allowing him to see the good that came from humanity, only the cruel and the wicked. Ashamed, Lucifer lost his will to dream. But Lilith thrived, empowering demonkind with her voice and her songs. And as the numbers of Hell grew, so did its power. As Lilith's power grew, so did the powers of Lucifer as it leaked to what has become...

The Vassals of the Morning Star, also known as the Five Knights of Lucifer, the Luciferian Knights, or the Five, is a group comprised of the strongest Knights of Hell ever conceived in the Inferno. They were Lucifer's and Lilith's most elite guards. One of which was "Sparda", the Legendary Dark Knight who had conquered Hell as he led the Vassals due to being regarded as the strongest member of the group as well as through his wisdom. He was a protector of his kind as he had a strong sense of justice. He reined higher than the Seven Deadly Sins and wielded unholy power.

Threatened by this, Heaven made a truly heartless decision. That every year, they would send down an army, an Extermination, to ensure Hell and its sinners could never rise against them. The leader of the army had tricked Sparda. When Heaven's extermination began he and the other knights participated in the slaughter of Hell's population of Sinners for they could not question Heaven's rule. Sparda began to feel uneasy with the decision of the extermination and began to question it. It was not until he had been betrayed by the leader of the angelic army, making he realized he had been tricked.  Ashamed, Sparda vanished along with the other knights, knowing that he was the cause of the slaughter. 

But Lilith's hope remained. And her dream was passed down to their precious daughter, the Princess of Hell.

Y/n: And that would be you.

Charlie: Yeah, that's me...