~2~

>>>

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. I've decided I'll be your Mockingjay. But I have some conditions..."Katniss pulls her list out of her pocket.
"Peeta and the other Tributes, Saylor Odair, Johanna Mason, and Annie Cresta, will be rescued at the earliest opportunity. If and when Peeta is liberated, he will receive a full and unconditional pardon. No punishment will be inflicted. And the same goes for the other Tributes." Katniss reads and then waits for their answer.
"No," President Coin says. "It's not their fault you abandoned them in the arena. They're doing and saying whatever they can to survive." Katniss responds "Individuals don't make demands in 13. There will be a tribunal. And a fair judgment. Thank you." Coin says then looks at her papers. "The Victors will be granted immunity. And you will announce that in front of the entire population of 13. You will hold yourself and your government responsible or you will find another Mockingjay." Katniss demands with anger.

>>>

The victors in the Capitol had no idea how long they had been in the Capitol but it was starting to get to them... Even Saylor was starting to lose it. The only one who seemed to have it together was Johanna. But it was just an act. An act of if I don't change... Nothing is happening to me. Saylor and Peeta were starting to lose it. Peeta more than Saylor but Saylor was starting to lose hope. They would drag her to the same room. With the same general. And inject her with the same stuff. They tried to use the same stuff they were using on Peeta but it didn't have the same effect on her as it did on him. Saylor quickly realized that it was trackerjack venom because she was stung in her first game. But it was still starting to do some damage mentally.

Saylor was lying on the ground when the peacekeepers brought Peeta back into his cell. He looks awful... I bet I look the same.
"Saylor... Saylor..." Peeta said then crawled as close as he could to their connecting cell wall. "Yeah?" She response. "Is it true? Katniss tried to drown you?" He softly asked. "No. It's not... I saved Katniss's life and almost drowned. But she didn't drown me." Saylor explains. Peeta then starts repeatedly hitting his hands to his face." Why can't I remember? I don't remember. I want to remember." Saylor gets as close as she can to him. "Hey... Peeta." He stops hitting himself then looks to Saylor. "You love Katniss... She wouldn't do anything to hurt you. She did everything she could to protect you. Those bad memories you have of her are fake. It's the venom they are injecting you with..." Saylor explains. "They feel so real," Peeta says. "I know they do. But trust me, ok? We are in this together... All of us." Saylor says then looks to Johanna and Annie.

After a while, the same four peacekeepers came back to grab Saylor and Peeta. Baylee helped Saylor get ready but didn't put any makeup on her. The entire time Baylee was getting Saylor ready she had tears in her eyes and wouldn't look Saylor in the eyes. Before Baylee left she hugged Saylor like she normally does and whispered. "I'm so sorry they're doing this to you... and I'm even more sorry that there's nothing I can do." Coriolanus then grabs Saylor and escorts her to band practice.

Saylor refused to look at Coriolanus. She didn't know if it was because she was embarrassed about how she looked. Or if it was because she knew something was changing between them. Saylor wishes she could time-travel to before the quarter quill and to the place she felt the safest... wrapped in Corio's arms on the beach. But that was all gone and it hurt Saylor to think about it. She still loved Coriolanus but she was skeptical about where he stands in the Capitol.

"She was arguably our favorite Tribute. And I think that's what we all find most astonishing, is that this girl was adored in the Capitol. And I think for you, Peeta, it must be particularly painful." Caesar says
"I wish I could give this rose to you, Katniss," Peeta says while staring at a white rose.
"A sweet gesture for a girl who has inspired such violence. You must love her very much to be able to forgive her. I don't think that I could. Unless, of course, Peeta, you think that perhaps she's being forced into saying things that she doesn't even understand." we are the ones who are being forced...

"Yeah. Yeah, that's exactly what I think.
I think they're using her to whip up the rebels. I doubt she even knows what's happening. And what's really at stake." Peeta says.
"Now, Peeta, I doubt that the rebels will ever let her see this. But if they do, what would you say to her? To Katniss Everdeen, the once sweet Katniss Everdeen. What would you say to her? " Caesar asks
"I would... I would tell her to think for herself. Don't be a fool, Katniss. I know you never wanted the rebellion. The things that you did in the Games were never intended to start all of this. The rebels have made you into something that you're not. Something that could destroy all of us. So if you have any power or any say in what they do or how they use you, please, please, urge them to stop this war before it's too late. And ask yourself, can you trust the people you're working with?... Do you know what they really want? "

Saylor is sat there in tears. She wants to burst out what's really going on. She wants to tell Panem the truth about the Capitol. But all she could do was sit there and support the words that came out of Peeta's mouth... but she knew if she didn't. herself, Peeta, Johanna, and Annie would be tortured even worse or be killed.

"Thank you, Peeta Mellark, for these revelations about the real Mockingjay... Alright, Panem... my favorite part of the interview... Saylor Odair!" Caesar introduces.

"That was quite a speech you gave," Johanna says to Peeta once the peacekeepers left the room. "I loved the part where you told Katniss to think for herself... but yet you just let the Capitol feed words into your ear and right out your mouth," Johanna says angrily and Peeta doesn't say anything back. "Cut him a break, Jo," Saylor says. "Fine... Fine...-" Johanna was cut off by the door opening and two generals walked in. Saylor and Johanna make eye contact concerned about who's going to be picked. Of course... Saylor thought as they unlocked her cell. They roughly picked her up and then shoved her out of her cell and into a new room.

All the room had was a chain hanging from the ceiling. They grabbed her cuffed wrist and connected them to the chain.
They each took turns punching Saylor in the stomach and then shocking her with a Taser.
"Are you ready to talk yet?" one of them taunts. Saylor kept quiet. "I thought that would be your answer." He said then injected her with a syringe making her body feel like it was on fire. Then kept shocking her.

Saylor was brought back to her cell with her body still feeling like it was on fire. Her throat raw from her screams, Her stomach throbbing in pain. And the rest of her body recovering from the shocks. Saylor wanted them to kill her but she knew they never would.

——————————————————————————