~14~

Read the end note for original ending!!!!

A few weeks had passed since the execution of both presidents and Saylor was finally being cleared to go home to District 4. She and Finnick decided to go back home instead of living at the Capitol. They both agreed that the beach and smaller town were a better fit. especially since Finnick was having a child. Saylor was over the moon excited when he told her the news and it made her even more grateful for the outcome of Panam. Her niece or nephew growing up in a world where they didn't have to worry about the Hunger Games.

Saylor would still be traveling to the Capitol often to help out in any way she could and to visit Sejanus who is now the commander of the new and improved Peacekeepers. But she will continue living in the same house by herself. Finnick decided to move out so that Saylor didn't have to and he lives with Annie now. Saylor is super happy for them but also misses living with her brother.

"You ok?" Coriolanus asked Saylor as they exited the train. Saylor took a deep breath taking in the scent of her home. She missed District 4. The beaches, The people, and the memories of her parents. "Never been better," Saylor says smiling. She grabs Coriolanus's hand and then takes off running.

Saylor bursts through the door and then takes off running upstairs and plops on her bed on her back then covers her face with her pillow. Coriolanus followed right behind her. He laughs at Saylor then picks up her legs and sits down. Laying her legs on top of his thighs. "Can we talk love?"
"Hm?" her voice mumbled by the pillow. "Come here." He pulls her legs, scooting her closer to him. Saylor groans then sits up and straddles him. "Yes? Coriolanus?" She says voice filled with annoyance but she isn't annoyed. Nothing could make her mad. She was on cloud nine. She was finally let out of the stuffy hospital room. The war was finally over.
"I want to talk about us." He said seriously which made Saylor turn serious too. "I want you to know how serious I am about changing. What can I do to prove to you that the old me is gone? How can I prove my love to you?" He asked. "Corio... When I was in my coma I could hear when people spoke to me. Do you want to know whose voice I heard the most? Yours... I know you love me and I love you. And I know you are sorry... I say that we put the past behind us." Saylor says Coriolanus grabs Saylor's thighs and pulls her even closer. "I love you..." He said then smashed his lips on hers then repositioned her so she was underneath him.

——————————————————————————-

I'm so sorry if you didn't like the ending. Or if you think she forgave him too fast. But Saylor honestly wanted to move on from all things President Snow/ Hunger Games. But let's be honest... I would forgive him.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!! I did not expect this book to do so well. I loved reading the comments. And I loved getting to write Saylor. MY NEXT BOOK! Is going to be either. (Patrick Mahomes) or a book in which I write short stories about Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow. ( not One shots but 3 or 4 chapter stories)
Or Reggie mantle for Riverdale! I'm leaning more toward the first option. But we shall see!! LMK what you think please!!

My original ending was that Coriolanus planned on running away to a cabin he knew about because he was scared that they were going to eliminate him next. I had two options of him trying to leave without telling Saylor and she caught him. Or that he begs her to go with him. Either way, she doesn't go with him and he leaves her and he has this long speech about how he loves her and all that good stuff.
months past and Saylor (Saylor is mad at him but also misses him.)  she does a special performance celebrating the war being over / the rebellion. And she could have sworn she saw Coriolanus in the audience but shakes it off. Then she goes home and sits on the beach and Someone comes up behind her... Coriolanus. They argue but end up kissing. Saylor realizes what she's doing and pulls away. Coriolanus proceeds to try and win her back!