~10~

Gale picked Sejanus back up and followed the rest into the house but Saylor was frozen in her place. "Saylor?" Finnick said with concern as he noticed she wasn't following. "Sorry..." Saylor said snapping back to reality and walked into Tigris's house. "It's not safe for you guys up here. I have a secret bunker that you guys can hide out in... there are medical supplies down there too." Tigris said then rolled back the carpet. Saylor helped Tigris open the bunker door and was about to walk down the step when Tigris spoke. "Wait." Everyone looked at her. "Before you go down there, there's something you should know... My cousins down there but he won't do any harm to you guys." Tigris explained and everyone looked hesitant but Katniss took the lead and headed down first.

Saylor was shocked and didn't want to go down the stairs. Tigris walked over to her and hugged Saylor trying to give her some comfort. "He won't hurt you, Saylor... He's not with the Capitol anymore." Tigris explained but Saylor wasn't sure. "Thanks for letting us hide out here Tigris." Saylor ignored her comment while pulling away from their hug. Tigris gave her a gentle smile and Saylor went downstairs.

As soon as she got downstairs Saylor saw him. Corio... He was sat on a makeshift bed staring at Sejanus but as soon as he saw Saylor he stood up. Finnick and Peeta pulled out their guns and aimed them at Coriolanus. "Stay right there." He Finnick said. Gale and Cressida ignored the chaos and laid Sejanus on the ground and collected medical supplies and started cleaning and stitching Sejanus's leg. "Who's this guy?" Katniss asked confused about why Peeta and Finnick were about to attack him. Finnick was about to speak but Saylor interrupted him. "Put your weapons down... He's outnumbered. I'm sure he's not stupid enough to try anything." She glared at Coriolanus and then stepped in front of the two blocking Coriolanus from the two. Peeta put his gun down but Finnick still held his. "Finnick, Please." She stared at him, and he finally put the gun down.
"We need to focus on the injured. Finnick, sit down." She said firmly the motion for him to sit down, so he could treat his wounds. "And you. Stay there." She said while looking at Coriolanus and he listened.

Saylor was cleaning and patching up Finnick's arm in silence. She had mixed emotions about Coriolanus and her brother wasn't helping. "Are you sure this guy is safe?" Finnick whispered to Saylor. "Just trust me Finnick... you don't have to trust him, but trust me." She said while finishing up. Finnick nodded still filled with doubt. "There... that should be good," Saylor said and was about to stand up but Finnick stopped her. "Are you ok?" Saylor just gave him a look. "Right, dumb question... What's wrong?"
Finnick asked. That's still a dumb question. Saylor thought. "Finn... what if Sejanus didn't let you go up first? You had no weapon. You could have been seriously injured. Or worse! Dead... What if for some reason Sejanus didn't come along?" Saylor said with tears in her eyes. Seeing her best friend in that situation was traumatizing to her. But thinking about if that would have been her brother makes Saylor shake in fear. "Hey, Don't focus on that. I'm alive and so is Sejanjus. Ok? We're both ok and that's what matters." Finnick comforted her Saylor wiped her tears then hugged Finnick. "I'm so glad you're ok." Finnick hugged her back. "Me too... We are going to get through this together." Finnick said then kissed her forehead.

Saylor pulled away from there huh then walked over to Coriolanus. She sat on the makeshift bed and got a good look at him. She was surprised to see his hair was shaved, and his face was bruised. "What happened to you?" Saylor asked. "After you guys escaped they wanted information about you, but I wouldn't give it to them. I managed to escape and have been hiding down here." He explained and Saylor nodded not knowing what to say. "Saylor, you don't know how sorry I am. I shouldn't have done the things that I did and I should have been honest with you from the start. I promise from now on that I will be fully transparent with you. I love you, Saylor-"

"Stop." Saylor interrupted him. "Just stop." She said, Her voice cracked as she spoke. Saylor rubbed her face with her hands and wiped any straight tears that had fallen. she took a deep breath before she spoke. "You don't love me... I don't believe you. You don't love me. I love you and gave you my whole heart. Just for you to tear it out and hand it over to the Capitol." Coriolanus scooted closer to her and wrapped her in a hug. At first, she tried to pull away but then relaxed in his arms. "I'm so sorry Saylor... I wish I could explain to you how much I love you and how the sound of your voice gives me butterflies. Or how your smile makes my day and how those days on the beach make me feel like I'm living a dream. I wish I could pull out my heart and give it to you and you could look through it and see how much love I have for you... look at me." He says. Saylor pulls away from him and looks him in the eyes and it breaks Coriolanus's heart. " I know it keeps saying it but I truly mean it I'm so sorry. I was being selfish and I thought I could keep the luxury Capitol life and keep you at the same time. I thought that being the President and living in that mansion would make me happy but I realize that my happiness lies with you.
You have my whole heart. You're the air I breathe. And you're the strongest person I know, and I'm so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put our family and friends through this." He apologizes to Saylor.

Saylor stares at Coriolanus with so much emotion. She loves him and wants to forgive him. but she also wants him to prove it to prove his love for her and that he's changed. "Corio... prove it. Prove that you have changed... Prove that you love me." Saylor says. "I promise you that I will do everything I can to help take down my grandfather. I love you Saylor and I will do anything to prove it to you."

—————————————————————————
Thoughts? Questions? statements?

What do you think of Saylor and Coriolanus's relationship?

Do you think they should stay together?