~5~

Saylor opened her eyes and quickly set up. she started panicking as she looked around the room. Where am I? Where's Sejanus and the others? Saylor takes in her surroundings and sees she's in some type of hospital room. Am I still at the Capitol? Her thoughts were cut off when a guy in a lab coat walked in. "Where I am? Where are the others?" Saylor quickly asked. "Calm down... You're at District 13... and the others are in separate hospital rooms." The doctor explained. "District 13... Where's my brother? I need to see my brother." Saylor said and unplugged everything that was attached to her. "Ma'am please-" Saylor didn't listen and ran out the door.

As soon as she exited she saw Finnick and Annie hugging. Annie was sitting on the edge of her hospital bed and Finnick was standing between her legs with his back towards Saylor. Annie was quick to notice Saylor and pulled away from Finnick. "Finn, Behind you." She whispered and pointed to Saylor who was standing still like a deer in headlights. trying to convince herself that what was going on was real and not a dream. Please be real... I don't want to wake up. This has to be real... "Saylor..." He whispered to himself and slowly walked over to her not wanting to scare her.
"Finn? I'm I safe? Is this real?" She asked and it broke Finnick's heart "Y-Yeah Saylor... You're safe." He said then Saylor wrapped her arms around her brother. Finnick broke down and hugged her back.

After a while, Saylor pulled away and then asked "Is everyone ok?" Finnick nods. "Yeah... Johanna is over there." He pointed to the curtain next to Annie's. "And your Peacekeeper friend is next to her. And Peeta... Peeta is ok. Katniss triggered him and he attacked her... He's in a special holding. For his safety and ours." Finnick explained. "Let me see him," Saylor said. "Maybe later Saylor... he's not the most stable."
"But I can help." Saylor persisted. "And you will help. But not right now ok? You still need to be checked by the doctor." Finnick pointed to the doctor who was awkwardly watching them. "I need to check on Sejanus and Johanna first," Saylor said but Finnick guided her to the doctor his brotherly instincts kicking in. "And you can do that after... they're not going anywhere." He said then walked with her to her room. "Let the doctor check on you then you can check on everyone else," Finnick said then nodded at the Doctor for him to start the checkup.

After Saylors checkup, she went to check up on Johanna. "Hey, can I come in?" Saylor asked Johanna. "Sure... I've got to say that was pretty Badass of you. What you did back at the Capitol" Johanna said with a grin. "Who knew that Saylor Odair could be so demanding." Saylor just rolls her eyes "I did it to protect the people that I love." Saylor said and Johanna raised a brow. "So you're telling me you didn't love that Peacekeeper back there?" Saylor takes a deep breath. "Of course I love him. I just... I did what I needed to do."
"I'm just teasing. Lighten up." Johanna says then walks out of her curtained hospital room. "I'm going to go find something to eat. Wanna come?" Johanna asked Saylor. "I need to talk to Sejanus. Then find Katniss." Saylor said Johanna nodded and then left. "Suit yourself."

Saylor went to the room that Sejanus was supposed to be but he wasn't in there. Where did he go? Saylor thought then left the room. She looked around to see if anyone could help her and she saw the guy who sedated Peeta. "Excuse me? Gale right?" Saylor asked and he nodded. "Yes. Is everything ok?" He asked her. "Yeah. I was wondering if you knew where Sejanus is? He's the peacekeeper who was at the Capitol." She asked. "Yeah... I'll take you to him. Boggs and Heavensbee wanted to talk to him about everything he knows about the Capitol." Gale explains and then helps direct Saylor to Sejanus.

Saylor walked into the room where Sejanus, Heavensbee, and Boggs. Where talking and they all turned to her. "Hi... sorry to interrupt. I was looking for Sejanus." She nervously says. "Oh, it's ok. We were just finishing up." Boggs said then he and Heavensbee left the room. "Hey, you ok?" Sejanus asked Saylor and she nodded. "Yeah... I just wanted to Make sure you were ok. And I wanted to talk about Corio." Saylor tells him and Sejanus motions for her to sit.

"He loves you Saylor... there's no doubt about it. But... Coriolanus has always needed to be in control. He needs the power. That's all he has ever known And it gets in the way of the Corio we both know and care for. He hates his Grandfather but also wants his approval. He will do anything for the people he loves... even if it's not the right thing." Sejanus explained to Saylor. "Do you think we can get rid of that side of him?" Saylor asked in tears. "I think you can Saylor... I've tried since high school but didn't get very far. But you... he quickly started changing after he met you." Sejanus admitted. "What changed him back?" Saylor asked. "His Grandfather did. He started Paying attention to Corio. Coriolanus thought he was changing. But he didn't see that President Snow was manipulating him...
There are rumors that the president is sick... and I had a feeling he was grooming Coriolanus into the next president."

After she talked to Sejanus she walked into the main area to hear the speech that the District 13 president was giving. "Yesterday, I authorized a covert rescue mission inside the Capitol. I am pleased to announce that the Victors have been liberated! Let this day mark an historic change. With The Mockingjay and the Victors beside us, we have sent a clear message to the Capitol. That we will never again endure injustice. Today, a day on which we reunited family, friends, and loved ones. Let all of Panem come together. Not to battle for the amusement of the Capitol. But to join hands in this fight. Let today be the day we promise never to give up, never to give in until we have made a new Panem, where leaders are elected, not imposed upon us. And where the districts are free to share the fruits of their labours and not fight one another for scraps! This new Panem is on the horizon. But we must take it for ourselves. The road there leads through the sharp mountains and deep ravines of District 2. There in the heart of Panem's steepest mountain range lies the Capitol's principal military facility. We can conquer this stronghold because we are one people, one army, one voice. Because today is our new beginning. Today we have freed the Victors. Tomorrow, Panem!" President Coin announces, and everyone cheers. Ok first of all... we practically broke ourselves out. And second... Something's off about her. Saylor thought as she listened to her speech.

———————————————————————————