~13~

Please read the note at the bottom!!!

Please love hold on. I can't lose you. Coriolanus thought as he and Finnick were pushed out of the president's medical room. Where Currently, some of District 13 best doctors are performing surgery on Saylor. Coriolanus leaned against the wall then slid his back down the wall. Finnick did the same. "She'll be ok. She's strong." Finnick said out loud. Coriolanus didn't know if he was talking to him or himself. "How do you know?" Coriolanus asked softly. Finnick looked at him. "Because she has to be ok... She has to." Finnick whispered the last part to himself.

Coriolanus and Finnick waited outside in silence filled with nerves. Worried about the girl they loved and cared for the most when they heard rapid footsteps running towards them. Coriolanus looked up and saw Sejanus and Tigris running toward them.
Coriolanus got up and hugged Tigris. "Corio, I'm so glad you're ok," Tigris said with relief. "Tigris... Saylor... she...she was shot." Coriolanus managed to get out. She gasped and hugged him again. Sejanjus immediately starts questioning him. "What happened? Is she going to be ok?" Coriolanus looks to his friend. "We don't know. She's in surgery." Coriolanus explains. Another set of footsteps is heard and Finnick immediately runs to the girl. "Annie." He hugs her tightly. "Finnick, Gale told me what happened. Have you heard anything?" Finnick shakes his head. Annie just holds him in Support.

They all spend hours just sitting, waiting for the doctors to tell them anything. When Finally, the door opens. The doctor was a little surprised to see all of them sitting outside the door but gave them an update. "May I speak to the brother of Ms.Saylor?" Finnick stands up and follows the doctor down the hall. "Is she ok?" Finnick immediately asks. "She's going to make it... but she's in a coma." the doctor explains. Finnick releases a of breath relief. "For how long?" Finnick asks. "When she feels ready. It could be hours. Days, months, years even." Finnick's face falls. "Is there anything we can do?" his voice cracks.
"Talk to her. In most cases, she can hear you. Try to convince her to wake up. Keep things happy. remind her that she's safe. Those types of things." Finnick nods. "Can I see her?" the doctor nods "Of course"

Where am I? Why is it so dark? Saylor thought. She tried to sit up or open her eyes but nothing seemed to work. What's going on? "Sayy? Can you hear me?" Finnick? "I hope you can hear me... the doctor said you might be able to hear me... but uh... we won. We won Saylor. President Snow was captured and is in holding. He's not going to hurt you ever again." we won?? It's over? "Please wake up Saylor. I need my little sister by my side." I'm here! Finnick I'm here.
"I love you, little sister." I love you too Finn... Saylor waited for Finnick to say something else but it was silent. Finnick?

"I'm so sorry love, I should have been faster. I should have done a better job of protecting you. I'm so sorry. Please wake up love. " Coriolanus? I can't wake up! I don't know how. "I wish he would have shot me. It should have been me... I love you and I will be here when you wake up." please don't leave me alone here.

~~~

Saylor's body laid on the hospital bed perfectly still but her mind was racing marathons on how fast it was running. She didn't know how long she had been in a coma but she knew she wanted out. She was tired of listening to everyone and not being able to respond. She got visits from Finnick, Sejanjus, Annie, Peeta, Johanna, Tigris, and even Haymitch. But the voice she heard the most was Coriolanus.
"Hey... I'm sorry I haven't visited yet." Katniss. "I'm here to say goodbye. I'm about to eliminate President Snow. But he won't be the president I aiming for." Coin... Peeta had informed her about Katniss's sister and wanted advice on how he could be there for her. But obviously, she couldn't respond so he ended up giving himself his own advice. "And after I take the shot... I'm going to take a nightlock pill." No Katniss. "So... I wanted to ask you to take care of Peeta. He deserves the world and I- I Love him... I know you care for him. So please be there for him...Goodbye, Saylor." Katniss!! Saylor screamed in her head hoping Katniss could hear her.

I need to wake up! Think Saylor think. Focus... She thought while trying to open her eyes. Come on!! Saylor eyes flutter open. She fully opened her eyes and saw the ceiling. She looked to her hands not truly believing that she had woken up. She heard soft breathing and looked to her right and found a sleeping Coriolanus. "I love you." She whispered then sat up. She ripped the IV and tubes out of her arm and then removed the covers. "Saylor?" Coriolanus said with disbelief then stood up. "Hi..." Saylor said softly. Coriolanus stared at her then brought his hands to cup her face. "Can I kiss you?" He asked and Saylor nodded. Slowly he brought his lips to hers connecting them. Saylor pulls away. "I need your help."

Coriolanus quickly finds her some clothes and then helps her walk outside to the execution. "You shouldn't be out of bed." He tells her. at first, he didn't agree to help her, but knowing she would do it anyway he decided to help her because at least he would be with her. They walk out of the mansion and Saylor is blinded by the daylight. after being in the dark for so long, her eyes weren't used to the sun. "Guide me to Peeta," she demands while covering her eyes with her hands and he does. "Saylor! You're awake. What are you doing out of bed?-" Peeta says but Saylor cuts him off "doesn't matter. You need to stop Katniss after she shoots the president." Saylor warns. "Stop her from what?" He asked confused.
"Just trust me," Saylor tells him. "Take me back, please," Saylor asked Coriolanus. Her eyes felt like they were burning and she was starting to feel dizzy. "Let's go." He said then buried her face in his chest trying to block out the sun while guiding her back inside.

——————————————————————————-

Hi!! So I know I said that most of this book will be after Mocking Jay but honestly I'm kinda burnt out of this book. I had a blast writing the majority of it but I hated writing the movie parts. Which kinda took the fun away from me.
With that being said I'm going to be writing the ending in the next chapter or two and add my original ending idea. (or I might do my OG idea just shorter and less detailed) And if you like that ending better you can image it!

I have only watched the Hunger Games movies once and I have never read the books so I kinda found this book kinda stressful to get right.

I will be writing a new book after this one! But it won't be Hunger Games. It will either me. (Riverdale - Reggie, NFL- Patrick Mahomes, NFL- Joe Burrow. ) Let Me Know what you think!