8. The Birth of Grace

The dawn of this auspicious day broke with a golden radiance, as if the sun itself bowed in homage to the divine infant, casting a celestial glow over the earth.

The courtyard of Nanda was adorned with garlands of marigolds and jasmine, their petals unfurling like offerings of nature's purest essence. The ground was sanctioned with patterns of rangoli, intricate and vibrant.

Sages and seers, their spirits alight with the flame of wisdom, gathered in a circle. They chanted sacred verses from the Vedas, their voices weaving a tapestry of sound. Cradled in the loving arms of his mother Yashoda lay the infant, his eyes like lotus petals, serene and unfathomable. His smile, a crescent of divine bliss, held the promise of universal love.

Yashoda sat, her Lalla in her arms, her eyes brimming with affection and her voice tender and warm as she soothingly whispered to herself gazing into the newborn's eyes,

" Haye mera Lalla, to mera putra hi nahi hai, to mere jivan ka tej hai, meri aatma ka sukh hai. " ("Oh my dear child, you are not just my son, you are the light of my life, the joy of my soul.")

The sage, Gargacharya, stepped forward to perform the naming rite. 

He took the little infant in his arms and said," He has a certain pull that attracts everyone in the vicinity towards himself, the one who would bring bliss and attraction shall be named 'Krishna'.

The universe itself acknowledged the christening of its most precious jewel.

 Krishna was then put into the cradle and the people of Gokul came to see him their hearts swelling with unexplainable love and devotion. 

They were gathered around the palna when someone picked Krishna into their arms. He was a lone sage dressed in a white dhoti and uttariya. He met the all knowing eyes of little Krishna and said in his mind:.

Hey Aradhya aapka yeh roop atyant manmohak hai. Man prasann ho gaya.  "Hey Aradhya, your form is extremely enchanting. My mind is delighted."}

Mahadev aapka yaha aana mera saubhagya hai. Kintu aap mujhe nihar ne ke liye toh nahi aaye hai. {Mahadev, your presence here is my good fortune. However, you have not come here just to gaze upon me...}

Little Krishna smiled up at him mischievously and gurgled

The lone sage smiled at the the little bundle in his arms and passed him to Yashoda, who was standing near him

" Devi, aapka putra atishay mohak hai. Ise dekhkar man itna anandmay hogaya hai ke ise bhet Dene ki meri itcha hai"

He brought out a beautiful flute from his jhola and presented it to little Kanha. Kanha, in his curious innocent inquisitiveness, wrapped his little palm around the flute.

Suddenly his whole mind was filled with immense love and innocent child like laughter consumed his entire being. He registered the voice of his in his mind beloved,