58. The Maharaas

Standing there, with a radiant smile and a tray full of vibrant colors, was none other than Radha

"Radhe!" Krishna repeated, his voice tinged with emotion. The simple utterance of her name carried layers of unspoken affection and history, resonating through the space between them like a soft melody. 

He stepped forward, closing the distance with a few, eager strides. His face litting up with a brilliant smile that reflected the multitude of emotions swirling within him.

Radha responded with equal warmth, her own smile mirroring his as she set down the tray of colors gently onto the ground.

"Your presence fills this festival with even more joy. How have you been, Radhe?"

Radha's eyes sparkled with unshed tears of happiness as she replied, "Krishna, each day away from you is like a melody without its chorus. But today, being here with you, I feel as if no time has passed at all. Your presence still brightens my world like the colors of Holi." 

Without a word, they embraced, a heartfelt, lingering hug that spoke volumes.

As Krishna and Radha continued to reminisce and revel in the warmth of their reunion, Devashree stood slightly apart, watching the scene unfold with a contented smile.

She quietly closed her eyes, allowing herself a moment to fully absorb the profound satisfaction that enveloped her. Her smile deepened, and a peaceful sigh escaped her lips.

Standing there, she experienced a dual consciousness—her own and that of Radha. It was as though she were living and reliving each moment through dual perspectives, each equally vivid and heartfelt.

Krishna's perceptive eyes caught the gentle glow of joy and deep contentment on Devashree's face. He reached out to her, his arm gesturing invitingly.

Devashree stepped forward, her movements harmonious with the rhythm of their hearts. As she approached, Krishna reached out with both arms, drawing her gently into their circle.

Krishna's hands rested warmly on their shoulders, forming a circle that was both a physical and a metaphysical bond. As they stood closely, the energy between them seemed to amplify, a radiant aura enveloping them.

It was then that Radha seized her moment.

She leaned in closer to Krishna, as if drawn by the gravity of his words. 

Krishna, sensing her closeness, turned his gaze towards her, a smile playing on his lips. It seemed to him she wanted to be more closer to him. Of course, Radha would want that. Krishna smirked to himself. He leaned forward hoping for a loving gesture.

 However, Radha had a different plan in mind.

 In one quick movement, she brought her hand up, not to caress his cheek, but to unleash a cloud of colors directly onto his face.