32.The Rescue

As Devashree's tale reached its heartfelt conclusion, a sudden clatter echoed through the dark corridors of the dungeon, a harbinger of approaching danger. The rhythmic sound of armored footsteps grew louder, a discordant symphony that signaled the return of the palace guards.

The moment of shared connection, woven through the strands of Krishna's story, was abruptly shattered by the intrusion of reality.

Devaki's expression shifted from one of maternal warmth to acute alertness, her eyes widening with concern.

"The guards," she whispered urgently, her voice barely above a breath. "You must leave, now. Being found here could mean your death or imprisonment."

Vasudev's gaze, too, sharpened with worry, reinforcing Devaki's plea.

"Go, Devashree. Our safety lies in your escape. Let not our chains become yours."

Devashree, her heart pounding against the silence of the dungeon, nodded. The fleeting sense of connection was replaced by a surge of adrenaline, a primal call to action.

"I will not forget this moment, nor your strength.Take this morpankh of Krishna and hold on to it"

With a final, respectful nod, Devashree turned and stepped back into the shadowed corridor, leaving behind the cell but carrying forward the spirit of the story she shared

Devashree moved cautiously, her ears straining for any sound that might indicate Radha's presence.

As she passed each cell, the soft whispers of the imprisoned filled the air

Then, a voice, weak yet familiar, reached her. "Who's there?" it trembled through the darkness.

"Radha, it's me, Devashree. I've come to get you out," she whispered back, a surge of relief and urgency in her voice.

"Devashree? But how did you-"

"There's no time to explain. We need to move quickly before the guards realize I'm here," Devashree interrupted, her fingers working at the lock of the cell door.

The lock clicked open, a small victory against the tyranny of Kamsa's rule. As the door swung open, Devashree stepped inside, finding Radha huddled in the corner. Despite the darkness, the bond between them was a beacon of light.

"Can you walk?" Devashree asked, offering her hand to Radha.

"Yes, I think so," Radha replied, her voice gaining strength from Devashree's presence.

Together, they stepped out of the cell, the dungeon's shadows looming around them as they began their perilous journey back to freedom

The echo of their footsteps was the only sound that punctuated the tense silence as

Devashree and Radha navigated the labyrinthine corridors of Kamsa's dungeon. Having freed Radha from the clutches of her dark cell, Devashree's heart was buoyant with a victory that felt both personal and profound.

Yet, their escape was far from secure, a fact they were both acutely aware of as they hastened towards the promise of freedom.

Their urgency was abruptly halted by the appearance of two guards rounding a corner, their armor gleaming dully in the torchlight.

The guards, taken aback by the sudden confrontation, hesitated for a mere moment, but it was enough.

Devashree, with a resolve honed by necessity and courage, stepped forward, positioning herself between Radha and the imminent threat.

"Stay behind me," she whispered to Radha, her voice a soft command laced with determination.

The guards, recovering from their initial surprise, advanced with the confidence of those accustomed to intimidation.