Chapter 4 - Shadow of the Pal Chimera

Ragna was in the midst of chaos. Therefore, when Navy Minister Caesar heard the report that contact with the Doiva Base had been cut off, it was already a week after the aerial bombardment. Upon hearing the report, Caesar checked the map to confirm the Doiva Base's location. Upon realizing it was on Irnetia Island, he couldn't help but reprimand his aide.

"Why didn't you report this sooner!?"

He then issued an order to Mirkennes, the commander of the Eastern Fleet.

"Recapture Irnetia Island at all costs."

Upon receiving this order, Mirkennes stormed into Caesar's office and shouted.

"Caesar! Not only you took away our logistics, next you gave me an order like this!?"

At that moment, Caesar pondered whether recommending Mirkennes as his successor was a mistake.

"We absolutely need an effective control of Irnetia Island."

Confronted with the challenging mission of persuading a woman, Caesar had no choice but to face it.

"Do you think it's possible without supplies from the mainland?"

"Use all the supplies accumulated in the Leifor Territory if necessary."

Caesar's firm statement left Mirkennes perplexed.

"Why are you so fixated on that island?"

"I cannot allow it to be occupied by Mirishial. If they establish a base on that island and those flying wheels are stationed there, imagine what could happen."

Upon hearing this, Mirkennes understood. The distance between the Holy Mirishial Empire's mainland and the Gra Valkas Empire's mainland was about 15.000 kilometers. However, the distance between Irnetia Island on the west coast of the Mu Continent and the Gra Valkas Empire's mainland was only about 5.000 kilometers. If the Pal Chimera were stationed at such a close distance, the entire Gra Valkas territory could become a wasteland.

"...It might lead to surrender instead of peace. Wouldn't it be better to seek cooperation from the Army?"

"Good idea," Caesar replied and reached for the phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Japanese Ministry of Defense, Yokota and Horiyama were analyzing satellite images.

"There's movement near the former Leifor."

"Yes, nearly 30 combat ships and at least 5 transport ships have set sail. Heading west."

Yokota checked the map.

"The possible destinations could be around Irnetia or Paganda."

"Is there no escort line for the supply convoy? They must be struggling without supplies. Maybe they went to meet a supply convoy at sea."

Upon Horiyama's suggestion, Yokota reviewed other satellite images.

"Hmm, I can't find a large Gra Valkan convoy. Besides, the scale is too big for an escort, and it's inexplicable to have transport ships in tow."

"In that case, it's still likely to head to an island?"

"Wait. Irnetia Island was bombed by the Pal Chimera during Operation Super Hammer II, right?"

Having analyzed this much, they reported their findings to higher-ups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lettal Kauran received the news at sea once again. Seeing his stern expression as he read the message, the captain of the flagship Scathia spoke up.