Chapter 16

They eventually fell down panting, not being able to run any further. Their enemies were far behind and once they regained their breath they all hugged eachother. "I thought you were dead!" Gannet said starting to cry. "I knew you wouldn't *sob* give up so easy." Daisy cried with Gannet hugging Orion. "I missed you guys too." Orion said. They sat there and began drinking some water. "What did you get in your packs?" Gannet asked once he had wiped away his tears and had a few sips of water. "I got food, water, heat vision goggles and a band aid" Orion replied. "I got food, water and a sleeping bag, the nights have started getting really cold and me and Gannet huddled together isn't enough to withstand it anymore." Daisy said rolling out the sleeping bag. "I got food, water and a net." Gannet said. Then Orion realised 3 things. 1: Daisy was missing her spear. 2: Gannet was missing his trident. And 3: Daffodil wasn't there. "Where are you're weapons? And where's Daffodil?" Orion asked them. "Oh we hid them in the only place we new to hide things, the cave." Gannet explained as he took out his can of beans. He opened it and drank a little. Daisy and Orion did the same. Orion got the feeling someone was close so he flattened himself. His friends copied him just in time to have a kunai whizz over their heads. On the sand dune someone had emerged, the boy from 9. He remembered that he had heard someone call the boy Jay. He had kunai and threw another one at them. Orion tackled his friends to right to dodge it but the kunai hit Daisy's calf. Orion threw a knife at the boy and heard a cannon fire. 6 remained, meaning Orion was almost in the top 5. He was amazed but knew he would commit suicide under the pressure of having to kill his friends. Unless the careers killed them first. They headed back to the cave and saw that everything but Daffodil and their weapons were gone. Orion quickly tore his Bandage in half and wrapped it around Daisy's calf. "Thanks." Daisy winced as he tied it around her calf. He then wrapped the other half around his torso after getting rid of the leaves and took a few sips of water. The careers obviously new they hid their stuff here so they would come back any moment. But they needed a place to rest from the desert heat. Then Daffodil started going crazy. Orion looked outside and saw a giant wall of fire heading towards them. It encircled the entire arena making it rapidly shrink. "We have to go right now!" Orion yelled at Daisy and Gannet. When they saw it their faces were in complete horror and shock. They ate and drank before starting to run away from the fire. They reached the cornucopia and it stopped. He could see Ruby, Cameron and Alyce standing roughly 40 metres away from them. Ruby shot an arrow but Gannet ducked just in time. Gannet clutched his net and trident, Daisy did so with her spear and Orion drew his knives. Cameron brought out his ball and chain and Alyce brought out her sword and shield. They all ran at eachother 3 VS 3. Orion threw a knife but Alyce deflected it with her shield. Daisy jabbed at Cameron but he dodged, then wrapping his ball and chain around her spear and pulling it out of her hands. Then he got caught in Gannet's net and was stabbed by his trident. Daisy picked up her Spear and started running towards Alyce but then fell to the ground. An arrow had gone straight through her heart and she went into the fetal position. Gannet ran next to her. "No, no, no!" He cried as she whispered something in his ear and gave him her ring. Then a cannon fired. Orion threw a knife into Ruby without hesitation. Then he turned around just in time to block a slash from Alyce with both knives. He kicked at her midsection making her fall over and stabbed her heart and then her brain. A cannon fired in the distance. He looked Gannet straight in the eye and grabbed his last knife. He prepared to stab himself but then Gannet whacked his hand, picked up the knife and stabbed himself in the heart. "NO!" Orion screamed running over to Gannet, cradling his head in his hands. "I'm not going to let you *cough* die. Take *wheeze* these." Gannet said holding out his pearl and Daisy's ring. "Daisy *cough* said to make sure this had more adventures, and I want you to have *cough* my pearl. Promise me you will live your complete natural *cough* life for me Orion. PROMISE ME!" Gannet said before going into a coughing fit. "I will Gannet, I will." Orion cried over his friend as a Cannon fired in the distance. The hover craft picked up all the bodies and Orion as he ran towards Gannet's dead body screaming prophanities at the staff. They moved him into a room and he watched through the glass as they put him and Daisy in coffins. Eventually he slumped over and gave up. They flew all the way to the Capitol before the day was over. They landed and he was put in a hotel room. He was welcomed by Blight and Thistle. He didn't care about Thistle and Blight hadn't cared about him so he ignored them completely. Pert said hello but Orion didn't respond. He just went into his room and slumped onto the bed. He placed the ring, pearl and music box next to eachother on his night stand. Even they couldn't help him get to sleep, especially the pearl. He simply layed there knowing he would have to live like this for atleast 40 years. It was his friend's dying wishes for him to live until he died of natural causes and he wasn't going to let them down.