Chapter 17

He had to admit whoever edited it was very good at their job. First it showed his insane move of jumping before the Gong went. Then it tracked his Knife as it hit the 3 boy. It cut to him saving his Allies and him signaling to Daisy to run in the opposite direction. Then him and Gannet ran. It made him want to cry, watching the deaths of so many people and his friends. They reached the part where they were singing and the editor had cleaned up the audio of our voices and put the correct music in the background making it seem like a musical. The editor would probably get fired for showing it but Orion smiled a little and shed bitter sweet tears when he heard Daisy's singing voice. Or the way Gannet looked embarrassed at how easily Daisy learned the dance moves to his song. Later he saw the arrow hit him. Then he watched the battle which ensued. Daisy threw a spear, Alyce blocked it. Then Cameron was tangled into Gannet's net. Sapphire shot a flaming arrow at Gannets hands making him drop his trident and give Cameron enough time to escape. Then he saw Ruby watch as his sister was stabbed by Daisy. He screamed and yelled as Alyce and Cameron dragged him away to retreat. Then Gannet and Daisy went to his body and cried. "Why did he have to die so soon?" Gannet cried to Daisy as she comforted him. But she couldn't hold it in any longer and cried with him. After hours they got up, picked up their weapons and rode Daffodil in the direction of the cave. That night, while Orion was still unconscious Gannet and Daisy kissed. "I love you, and I'm so sorry we had to meet through the games." Daisy said. Gannet pulled back a little. "I just, don't know what to do. I can't live without you, you can't live without me. Orion was the only one who was strong enough to live without us. Now I don't know who I want to win." Gannet said head in his hands. "We'll just find out. Stop stressing about it." Daisy said patting him on the back. The next morning the crowd went wild as he got up and looked around. Then there was emotional music and more cheers when he reunited with his friends. And right after Gannet stabbed himself and handed over the pearl and ring there was victory music. It was all so hard to process. He just thought Daisy and Gannet were friends, but they were in love. It was completely tragic. And he felt... jealous? It was confusing, he had always liked Gannet as a friend right? Or maybe it was more then that. Also he couldn't believe Gannet had called him brave! He felt pathetic compared to the sacrifices he made. He went back into the Hotel that evening. The next morning he would be on a train back to district 7. He ate so much he felt like he might explode, before going to bed. He was ravenous as ever and he began to drown his problems in food. For the next week he would eat, sleep repeat. The train back was much slower giving him plenty of time to himself. Oh, your having nightmares? Eat something and forget about it. Oh, remembering Gannet's death and it's replaying in your head over and over? Eat something and forget about it. Oh, thinking about the doomed love of Gannet and Daisy? EAT SOMETHING AND FORGET ABOUT IT! He knew it wasn't healthy mentally or physically but he couldn't stop it. His music box didn't relax him anymore, it just brought on bad memories of the Arena. The only other option which worked was food. By the time he got home and his father was there to greet him his old clothes didn't even fit him. He had developed a belly which couldn't be hidden with baggy clothing and he also had a double chin. "Hey kiddo?" His dad said. "Hey." Orion said walking past him. He would talk to his father later. His dad began to follow him. "So how was the train?" His dad asked. "It was fine, actually really nice. Excluding the nightmares, flash backs and constant paranoia." Orion said grumpily. Thistle had handed him the keys to his home in victor's village. "Oh well, atleast we get to live in victor's village, with all the money we could want." His dad said trying to be optimistic. Orion stopped walking and turned around to his dad. "Dad I have a question to ask you. Did you sponsor me in the Arena?" Orion asked his dad. "Of, of course I did kiddo! Why wouldn't I? Your my son and I'm so happy you made it out alive." His dad said. "You didn't sponsor me did you? You just bought cheap booze with the money. I can't believe you! What's next, your only happy because you get to live with me in victor's village?" Orion said furiously. "Son, calm down now. I'm sorry I didn't sponsor you but I didn't have enough money to spare. I didn't buy any beer." His dad said innocently. "I can't believe your lying to me! I'm your son, my survival should be top priority! Your lucky I'm letting you live with me." Orion said before grumpily continuing towards Victor's village. He eventually reached it, but was out of breath from the walk. He was starting to regret the giant breakfast he had. He thought about how hungry he had been in the Arena. One thing led to another and he was thinking about Gannet and Daisy. He still couldn't believe he was jealous of them. It was ridiculous, and he also felt a pant of guilt for letting Gannet take the knife from him. Wouldn't Gannet be feeling the same way he was right now though? He needed to eat something to bury it all. He quickly unlocked the door and looked in awe at the how big the hallway was alone. When he walked into the living room he had a giant TV, plump couch with soft coushions. The Kitchen was right next to it, with only the Kitchen counter separating the rooms, giving it an open feel. He went straight into the Kitchen and opened the fridge. He found some pizza and ate it all very quickly. It was a small snack to him but helped cover up his feelings.