💥Chapter Four💥

I'm at the gym with the lads as Mason is getting concerned about Liam's behaviour. Mason talks to Liam as he lifts free weights."You know how I keep reminding Garrett to give me back my hoodie?" Mason says.

"Yeah," Liam says absently."Well, I remembered you said that he lived in that housing development on Spaulding. So, I went there, and guess what?"Mason tells him.

"The housing development? Is still in development." Mason informs him."So?" Liam says distractedly

"There are no houses yet! So, unless the dude lives in some backhoe, there's something he's not telling us." Mason says."And then there's another thing, man." Mason continues.

"He's, He's been acting strange-- running to school for no reason, disappearing at parties. He used to be my best friend." Mason says to a preoccupied Liam.

"Uh-huh," Liam says as he keeps adding weight to a bench press machine, wondering why it still feels so light."And, he's apparently on steroids," Mason says, alarmed.

That gets Liam's attention, "What?" Liam says."You're not going to lift that, are you?" Mason asks."Are you all right? I mean, is it about the game tonight?" Mason questions.

"I'm fine. It's just a scrimmage." Liam says evasively."You know who you're playing, right?" Mason wonders.

"Yeah. I mean, no. I guess I missed the announcement." Liam tells Mason."Liam. It's your old school. Devenford Prep." Mason reveals."Oh shit," I muttered.

*
Liam drags me to the locker room after the gym session with Mason."Okay, why are you dragging me?! it's annoying!!" I moaned."Cause you're my twin and we stick together," Liam says.

I went to follow him when I felt two hands grab me and pull me back. I looked to see Scott with his finger to his lips."What?" I asked."My friend Derek is going to test Liam's anger," Scott says."So you need to be out of the way," Scott explains.

"Right okay," I said with a look. The two of us watch the scene in front of us."What the hell? Where's my stick?" Liam mutters and turns to see Derek holding a stick."Is this yours?" Derek asks and he breaks it.

Liam flinches, puts his head down wolfs out, and goes to attack Derek, and Derek pins him to the locker.

"RAWR!" Liam growls. "Liam," Scott calls him out but Liam doesn't calm down. I step out from behind Scott," Liam it's Tess, calm down," I say softly and Liam calms down and sees me with Scott.

"This is your stick," Scott says passing him his stick, and Liam glares at Derek. He grabs my hands and checks I'm okay."I'm okay." I nod in confirmation just as the bell rings.

"Get to class Liam, Tess hang back a second," Scott says."No, she comes with me," Liam says growling."I'll meet you in class go wait for me," I softly spoke.

Liam nods and kisses me on the head and heads out not before glaring at Derek before leaving.

"So this is Tess? The new human pack member?" Derek ask. Scott nods, "Tess meet Derek, Derek meet Tess," Scott introduces the two of us.

"Hi, "Derek waves at me. I step forward as Scott grabs my arm and I look at him as if to say let go and he does I go forward and put my hand out which he takes.

"Hello Derek, nice to meet you," I said with a soft chuckle."Good to meet you too," Derek smiles at me. Scott notices Derek smiling happily at him.

"And what are you smiling about?" Scott asked."You're gonna be good at this," Derek says."Are you kidding? I am unprepared! Remember how you said you could teach me a few things? I think right now, I could use a full-on training manual," Scott rambles.