💫Chapter Fourteen💫

■3rd Pov■
"Liam, you with me?" Derek asks as Liam looks up and glances at Stiles as Derek speaks.

"We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it. You focus on the words. It's like meditating, you say the words until you feel control coming back to you," Derek explains.

Liam winces in pain, "Okay, Okay, okay! What are the words?" Liam asks.

"Okay, look at the triskelion. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. Each spiral means something," Derek says.

"Alpha, Beta, Omega," Derek says.

"It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back to another. Betas can become Alphas. Alphas can become Betas," Derek tells Liam

"Can Alphas become Omegas?" Liam questions

Derek nods once more.

"All you have to do is say the three words and with each one, you tell yourself you're getting calmer, more in control. Go ahead," Derek says.

"Alpha, Beta--," Liam says

"Slower," Derek urges him.

"Alpha... Beta... Omega..." Liam says slowly.

"UGH! Alpha... Beta... Omega..." Liam says.

"Good. Say it again. Remember, every time you say the words, you're getting calmer," Derek smiles.

"Alpha... Beta...Omega..." Liam growls.

"Say it again," Derek says.

Liam does, but there is more growl in his voice, and Stiles scuttles a little further away

"Derek, I don't think the powerful talisman of self-control is working," Stiles says.

Liam's eyes glow, and he lunges toward Derek, roaring. It throws the van around, and then Liam breaks the handcuffs and goes for Derek.

"Derek?" Braeden shouts

'I think we're gonna need to go a little faster," Stiles yells as Derek tries to hold Liam off.

"Keep focus!" Derek shouts at Liam

"Derek, I don't think "Alpha, Beta, Omega" is resonating with him," Stiles inputs.

"You know any other mantras?" Derek yells.

Stiles thinks for a second,

"Yeah. I do," Stiles says.

"Liam! Liam! What three things cannot be long hidden?" Stiles asked.

"Grrrrr!" Liam growls.

"Liam! Liam, look at me. What three things cannot long be hidden? What three things?" Stiles repeats

"Sun... the moon... the truth, "Liam replies.

"That's it. Say it again." Stiles encourages

"The sun... the moon... the truth," Liam repeats calming down

"Derek?" Braeden says

"We're okay," Derek nods

"Sun... moon... and the truth," Liam calms down.

Stiles claps Derek on the arm, and they all breathe in relief. They arrive at La Iglesia.

"I can't believe I did it!" Liam says.

"For a minute there, I thought I was gonna tear the two of you apart," Liam chuckles.

"Yeah, that would have made for an awkward ride home, so thanks," Stiles sassily responds.