Chapter 8- Threat's Goal

"she looks so adorable while she's asleep. It's like watching your own child grow out of truamatic events from their past."
her mother knocked on the door while the palace walls were dynamic.

"Hao, I gotta talk to you real quick."

"Sure.."
Ying pushed her outside the door.

"What did you and that girl do yesterday night? You left without permission, and I tried knocking on your door many times, but you didn't answer me."

"First of all, don't refer to her as a.."Girl,"
me and her went to her old village to stop her truama from holding back her life goals any further. She had a spat with her father while he's wallowing in despair of his wife's death. She slowly changed into a stronger person just by confronting her truama after staying away from it for years.
I know I shouldn't be telling anyone this since it's secret family business, but she's going to grow either way as an adult with a genius intellect and a power to change the weak. I have a lot of faith in her, so that's where we have been."
Hao's voice sounded genuine.

"Oh. so how are you saying that when you are a nihilist? surely helping a child with multiple truamatic events from their past surely doesn't matter to you as a person with royal blood.
That zhao kid had been eating the hell out of the food in the dining hall after her training cycle.
so I'm basically saying I don't really like her."

"Oh my gosh, just give it a try to have a good relationship with her. she isn't a terrible, greedy, delinquent you think she is. she's starting to be a changed human with a much more crafted mindset to be a proper warrior. if someone as violent as her doesn't have the mental comprehension to change, then she isn't violent.
She is changing enough. trust me, mom."
She ate a cherry right before speaking her skeptical words.

"I guess you're right. I couldn't fathom to trust a child who shot a hot pot into someone's face. even try and eat every living thing in the dining hall.
I heard the masters of shanxxi are hosting a tournament, maybe? our master isn't a master anymore since our governed leader in the liang province removed it for enabling student negligence."

"I guess you're right. But yeah, they did.
Hua and chanxi are two very beautiful women in shanxxi, so I'm surprised they aren't bombarded by a bunch of men slutting over them. so many of us and our own masters in our own provinces might join the competition so -"
zhao opened the door, startling both of them.
looking sleep deprived.

"Oh, h-hello-"

"
I had a dream of my mother."

"Huh?"
Her glare got much angrier.

"I had a dream about her. she was in my home holding me like a baby while my father was in the ground murdered like a stabbed juicy strawberry. the dark faction men were murdering him over and over. I tried to forget about it when I woke up, but it flooded my mind over and over. can we eat, please?"

"Ehm, sure. what was the dream about? What else did you remember?"

"Dreams can be weird sometimes, so my dad suddenly died from a stab to a chest when my mother was holding me, singing me some anicent tunes to calm babies from legends past. and some weird couple were making out in a corner while their swords were coated in blood, so I'm guessing they have swordsmanship, maybe? my mother has a insane look on her face, which is understandable considering her life as a sex slave. so I don't really care about this since all I do is train and eat."

"You...dont..?"
Zhao rubbed her hair over and over.

"No.
I already came forward and addressed my truama yesterday towards my father. I can still sense that despair in him, but it seems to stray away from his spirit a bit. but the past is the past. I don't need to worry about it. let's eat. I can smell the cinnamon apples in the dining hall."
she walked straight into the stairs until Hao grabbed her wrist.