1: Abandoned bonds

22 BBY

2k

isadora pov:
Chapter One: Abandoned Bonds

Isadora's heart pounded with frustration as she voiced her grievances to her mother. "I don't think it's fair, Mother!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with a mixture of indignation and hurt.

Her mother, ever composed, responded with a calmness that only fueled Isadora's irritation. "Anakin is a grown man now, sweetie. He has the right to be beside Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. And when you're old enough, so will you," she said, her tone gentle but firm.

Isadora's mind raced with memories of her childhood friendship with Anakin Skywalker. They had been inseparable since the age of five, sharing laughter and dreams of joining the Jedi Order together. But when Anakin was accepted into the Order at nineteen, their bond seemed to fray at the seams.

"It wasn't fair," Isadora thought bitterly as she recalled the days when Anakin's departure left a void in her life. Despite being equally strong in the Force, she was constantly overshadowed by her older friend. And when he left for Coruscant, he vanished from her life without so much as a goodbye.

"Seems he cared less about our friendship than I thought," Isadora mused, her voice tinged with a hint of sadness.

The memory of Anakin's departure stung, reminding her of the painful truth: she had been left behind, forgotten in the wake of his newfound glory as a Jedi Knight. The headlines on the HoloNet news only served to amplify her feelings of inadequacy, each report of Anakin's exploits driving a wedge further between them.

"Two powerful Jedi, Padawan duo taking down yet another Sith Lord!" the headlines proclaimed, each victory a reminder of the friendship that had soured into bitterness.

"When will I be given a chance?" Isadora lamented, her voice rising with frustration. "I'm old enough, and if people actually gave me a chance, I could prove I'm just as good as Skywalker!"

Her mother's response was a mere murmur, her attention focused on her knitting needles as if the world beyond them held little interest. Isadora's heart ached at the distance between them, her mother's grief over her father's passing casting a shadow over their relationship.

As Isadora stormed off to her bedroom, the warmth of Naboo enveloped her, a stark contrast to the coldness she felt inside. She absentmindedly braided her brown hair, the familiar ritual providing a fleeting sense of comfort amidst the turmoil of her emotions.

At her desk, Isadora's gaze fell upon a photograph, a relic of happier times. In it, she and Anakin laughed and played in the meadows of Naboo, their carefree expressions a stark contrast to the tension that now lingered between them.