14: Simple tears

3

3.1k

As Anakin and Isadora returned to the Jedi Temple, their steps heavy with the weight of their recent mission, they made their way to Master Windu's chambers to report their findings. The air between them crackled with tension, the silence between them thick and suffocating.

Master Windu listened intently as they recounted the events of the mission, nodding occasionally as they detailed their encounter with the bounty hunter and their successful elimination of the threat. But as Anakin spoke, his gaze remained fixed on Master Windu, pointedly ignoring Isadora's presence beside him.

Isadora bristled at his cold indifference, her frustration bubbling to the surface. She had hoped that their shared experience on the mission might bridge the growing divide between them, but it seemed that Anakin was determined to shut her out completely.

As the meeting drew to a close and Master Windu dismissed them, Isadora couldn't help but feel a sense of disappointment wash over her. She had hoped for some semblance of acknowledgment from Anakin, some sign that he still saw her as more than just an inconvenience.

But as they parted ways outside Master Windu's chambers, Anakin walked away without so much as a backward glance, leaving Isadora standing alone in the empty corridor, her heart heavy with a sense of rejection and betrayal.

anakin pov:

As Anakin and Obi-Wan found themselves in the tranquil sanctuary of the Jedi Temple gardens, the weight of Anakin's inner turmoil seemed to grow heavier with each passing moment. He knew he couldn't keep ignoring the tumultuous emotions that swirled within him, especially when it came to Isadora.

"Master," Anakin began, his voice tense with frustration, "there's something I need to discuss with you." His words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of unspoken emotions.

Obi-Wan turned to regard his Padawan with a patient expression, his eyes filled with a gentle understanding. "Of course, Anakin," he replied calmly, encouraging Anakin to open up.

Anakin took a deep breath, his jaw clenched with the effort to contain his simmering anger. "It's about Isadora," he admitted, his voice tight with suppressed emotion. "I've been struggling with... feelings for her."

Obi-Wan's eyebrows lifted in surprise, though his expression remained composed. "Feelings?" he echoed, prompting Anakin to continue.

Anakin nodded curtly, his gaze fixed on the ground as he struggled to articulate the complex emotions swirling within him. "Yes," he muttered darkly. "But it's not what you think. It's... complicated."

Obi-Wan's brow furrowed in concern, sensing the turmoil that churned beneath the surface of Anakin's words. "Complicated how?" he inquired gently, urging Anakin to elaborate.

Anakin's hands balled into fists at his sides, his frustration boiling over as he struggled to put his feelings into words. "I... I slept with her," he confessed bitterly, his voice laced with self-loathing. "But not in the way you're thinking. It's like... she's under my skin, in my head, and I can't get her out."