31: Betrayals finest

3.3k

Anakin pov:

Anakin sat upon his throne, his gaze fixed upon the swirling expanse of stars beyond the viewport. His mind was a maelstrom of thoughts and emotions, his heart heavy with the burden of his newfound power and the darkness that consumed him.

As he watched the planets drift by, a figure approached him, bowing low before him in deference. It was Nikolaí, his most trusted spy, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of fear and excitement.

"My lord," Nikolaí began, his voice trembling slightly. "I bring news from the field. It appears that one of the assassins tasked with eliminating you has been identified. Her name is Isadora."

Anakin's heart stopped at the mention of her name, a surge of emotions flooding through him like a tidal wave. Isadora. It had been two years since he had last heard her name, two years since she had left his life without a word of explanation. And now, here she was, back in his life in the most unexpected of ways.

"No," Anakin whispered, his voice barely more than a breath. "It couldn't be her. It's impossible."

But deep down, he knew the truth. Isadora was the only one who could have inspired such hatred, such a desire for revenge. And now, she was coming for him, her sights set on his destruction.

Nikolaí continued to speak, unaware of the turmoil raging within Anakin's mind. He explained how he had pretended to show interest in Isadora, how he had gained her trust in order to extract information about her plans. But Anakin barely heard him, his thoughts consumed by the memories of their time together, the love they had shared, and the pain of her betrayal.

As Nikolaí finished speaking, Anakin rose from his throne, his heart heavy with determination. He knew what he had to do. Isadora may have turned against him, but he would not let her succeed. He would hunt her down, confront her, and if necessary, destroy her.

With a silent vow to protect himself at all costs, Anakin turned his gaze back to the stars, his mind already racing with plans and strategies. Isadora may have been his greatest weakness, but she would also be his greatest challenge. And as he set off to face her, he knew that the truth of their connection would soon come to light, with consequences that would shake him to his very core.

Nikolaí watched Anakin carefully, waiting for his reaction to the news. When Anakin didn't speak, Nikolaí continued, his voice steady despite the tension in the air.

"My lord, I have a plan," Nikolaí said, his eyes never leaving Anakin's. "We could use Isadora's own tactics against her. I could arrange for a 'date' with her, lure her into a trap. When she least expects it, you could confront her, catch her off guard, and imprison her."

Anakin considered Nikolaí's proposal for a moment, his mind racing with possibilities. It was a risky plan, but it just might work. Isadora was skilled at manipulation and seduction, but she was no match for the power of the dark side.