8: Sweet gifts

1

1.5k

anakin pov:

As Anakin's mind wandered back to that warm summer day on Naboo, memories flooded his thoughts like a gentle tide washing over him.

It was Isadora's 16th birthday, a day he had been eagerly anticipating for weeks, determined to make it a celebration she would never forget.

He had spent hours scouring the markets of Theed, searching for the perfect gift that would capture the essence of their friendship and the depth of his affection for her. And when he had finally stumbled upon a small, intricately crafted necklace adorned with a delicate crystal pendant, he knew it was exactly what he had been searching for.

With a sense of excitement bubbling within him, Anakin had rushed back to their favorite spot in the meadows of Naboo, where Isadora sat waiting, a radiant smile lighting up her face as she caught sight of him approaching.

"Anakin, you didn't have to get me anything," Isadora protested, her cheeks flushing with warmth as he presented her with the small, velvet-lined box.

Anakin shook his head, a grin tugging at the corners of his lips as he watched her eagerly unwrap the gift. "I wanted to," he replied, his voice filled with sincerity. "You mean everything to me, Isadora. I wanted to give you something special to show you just how much you mean to me."

As Isadora lifted the lid of the box and caught sight of the necklace nestled inside, her breath caught in her throat, her eyes widening in surprise and delight. The crystal pendant sparkled in the sunlight, casting a kaleidoscope of colors across her face as she held it up to the light, marveling at its beauty.

"Oh, Anakin," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

Anakin's heart swelled with pride at her reaction, his chest swelling with a sense of satisfaction as he watched her fasten the necklace around her neck, the crystal pendant resting gently against her skin like a precious treasure.

"It's nothing compared to what you mean to me," he replied, his voice soft and sincere. "You've always been there for me, Isadora, through thick and thin. I couldn't imagine my life without you."

As they sat together in the golden light of the setting sun, the warm breeze rustling through the tall grass around them, Anakin felt a sense of peace settle over him like a comforting blanket. In that moment, surrounded by the beauty of Naboo and the warmth of Isadora's presence, he knew that their bond was unbreakable, a bond forged in friendship and sealed with love. And as he watched her smile, her eyes shining with unshed tears of joy, Anakin couldn't help but feel grateful for the gift of her friendship, a gift he cherished more than anything in the galaxy.

As the memory of Isadora's 16th birthday faded away, Anakin was jolted back to the harsh reality of the present. A single tear slipped down his cheek, a silent testament to the depth of emotion that still lingered within him. With a shaky breath, he quickly brushed it away, his expression hardening as he forced himself to push aside his feelings and bury them deep within the recesses of his heart.