28: Darth Vader

1

1.3k

Anakin tossed and turned in his bed, his sheets twisted around him as sweat beaded on his brow. Visions of Isadora haunted his dreams, each one more vivid and terrifying than the last. He saw her alone and vulnerable, surrounded by darkness, her cries for help echoing through the empty void.

With a gasp, Anakin bolted upright, his heart racing with fear and desperation. He couldn't shake the feeling of impending doom that clung to him like a shroud, the sense that Isadora's fate hung in the balance, teetering on the edge of oblivion.

As he sat there in the darkness, his mind spinning with doubt and uncertainty, a soft knock sounded at his door. Anakin's heart skipped a beat as he heard the familiar voice of his master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, calling out to him from the other side.

"Anakin, are you alright?" Obi-Wan's voice was filled with concern as he entered the room, his eyes scanning the darkness for any sign of distress.

Anakin forced a shaky smile, his facade crumbling under the weight of his inner turmoil. "I'm fine, Master," he lied, his voice trembling with uncertainty. "Just a bad dream, that's all."

But Obi-Wan was not so easily fooled. He approached Anakin's bed with a furrowed brow, his gaze piercing through the darkness to the troubled soul beneath.

"Anakin, I know something is wrong," Obi-Wan said gently, his voice filled with compassion. "You can talk to me. Whatever it is, I'm here for you."

Anakin swallowed hard, his throat tight with emotion. How could he begin to explain the torment that plagued his mind, the fear that gripped his heart? How could he admit to his master that he was teetering on the edge of darkness, that he was losing himself to the very thing he had sworn to fight against?

"I... I don't know what to do, Master," Anakin confessed, his voice barely above a whisper. "I feel like I'm falling, like I'm losing control. I have to choose between heaven and hell, and I don't know which path to take."

Obi-Wan's expression softened with understanding as he placed a comforting hand on Anakin's shoulder. "You are not alone, Anakin," he reassured him. "We will face this together, as master and apprentice, as friends. Whatever path you choose, I will stand by your side."

With Obi-Wan's words echoing in his mind, Anakin felt a glimmer of hope stir within him, a flicker of light amidst the darkness that threatened to consume him. And as he lay back down in his bed, his mind still troubled but his heart filled with resolve, he knew that no matter what trials lay ahead, he would face them with courage and integrity, until he had reclaimed the light that had once burned so brightly within his soul.

Anakin's sleep was tormented by nightmares, his mind trapped in a nightmarish cycle of fear and despair. In his dreams, he saw Isadora's face twisted in agony, her voice a haunting echo of the pain that consumed her.