39: Trax

1

1.9k

A week later, Isadora found herself back in Anakin's room in the Sith quarters. As she stepped inside, she couldn't help but notice a change in him. He seemed different, more like his old self from their time in Naboo. But there was a darkness lurking behind his eyes, a shadow of the Sith Lord he had become.

Isadora felt a pang of worry in her chest as she looked at him. She didn't want him to lose himself again, to be consumed by the darkness that had plagued him for so long. She had seen glimpses of the man he used to be during their time together in Naboo, and she couldn't bear to see him slip back into the role of Darth Vader.

"Anakin," she said softly, stepping closer to him. "I can see the change in you. Please don't let yourself be consumed by the darkness again. You're stronger than that, stronger than anything Palpatine could ever do to you."

Anakin looked at her, his expression unreadable. For a moment, Isadora feared that he would push her away, that he would reject her words of encouragement. But then, to her relief, she saw a flicker of determination in his eyes.

"I won't," he said quietly, his voice tinged with conviction. "I won't let the darkness win. Not when I have you by my side."

Isadora smiled softly, her heart swelling with love for him. She knew that their journey would be difficult, that they would face many challenges along the way. But as long as they faced them together, she was confident that they could overcome anything.

Wrapping her arms around him, Isadora held him close, her presence a comforting anchor in the storm of darkness that threatened to consume them both. And as they stood there together, she knew that no matter what the future held, their love would always be their guiding light.

Anakin glanced at Isadora, a silent understanding passing between them. He knew she despised his Sith attire, and today, he had decided to forgo it. As he walked out of his room, he made sure to lock eyes with her, ensuring that no one saw her presence in the Sith quarters.

As he made his way through the corridors, Anakin encountered his apprentice, Trax. The young Sith looked concerned, his brow furrowed with worry.

"Where have you been, my lord?" Trax asked anxiously. "The Empire is collapsing, and I fear you have been neglecting your duties."

Anakin paused, a wave of frustration washing over him. Trax was right—the Empire was on the brink of collapse, and he had been preoccupied with his own personal struggles. But he couldn't let his apprentice see his weakness, couldn't let him know the internal battle he was waging.

"I have been attending to matters of great importance," Anakin replied curtly, his tone cold and authoritative. "Rest assured, I am fully committed to the preservation of the Empire."

Trax nodded, though the doubt lingered in his eyes. Anakin knew he would need to tread carefully around his apprentice, to maintain the façade of the powerful Sith Lord he had become. But deep down, he couldn't shake the feeling that his true destiny lay elsewhere, that there was more to life than the relentless pursuit of power.