Chapter 2: Reunions and Reveals

(I know the villain is obvious, but I think it would be hilarious of the Ace Attorney and Layton cast at least went through the plot of Cars 2. I know I wrote Danganronpa with these two groups, but this is a different au. Makoto is safe for now. Enjoy!)

(Phoenix's POV)

Wright Anything Agency, Main Office

May 6th, 9:00 AM

And I believe this is where I come in. Hello, I am Phoenix Wright. I am defense attorney for the Wright Anything Agency. Right now, things have been kind of slow which is not a terrible thing either. It is nice to have a break from everything, including the stuff you love to do. At least that is what I believe. My daughter is enjoying her last few days of school before the summer, but Athena is the one handling cases and going against her brother figure, Simon Blackquill.

"Boss!" Athena shouted as she basically kicked down the door to the office and marched right up to me.

"What is it, Athena?" I asked as I gazed up from the article I was reading.

She's one of my newest attorneys at the agency. She's wearing a white collared shirt with buttons and had Widget hanging from her neck. She has a yellow jacket tied around her waist and above her yellow skirt. She has her orange hair tied up by a blue ribbon with a yellow moon themed earing hanging from her right ear. She has black tights and white high boots. She is wearing a black and blue glove on her right hand.

"Today is the day, boss!" she said excitedly, "Apollo and his brother are finally coming to visit! I am going to the airport to pick up Apollo soon!"

"Ah, that's right. I even promised to pick up Trucy early today to meet with him" I spoke with a grin, "I can't wait to see him soon, but remember to finish your paperwork for the day before your date"

"On it, boss!" she said excitedly before flashing a peace sign to me, "Oh! I cannot wait!"

She let out another yell before diving into her work. I chuckled before returning to my work. It was going to be a while until Apollo arrived anyway, so it would be better to take the day slow. That was until the door to my office was kicked down again to reveal a certain leader of the Fey clan.

"Nick!" she shouted too excitedly while waving a piece of newspaper in her hands, "You have to heat this! This is going to be amazing!"

This is Maya Fey. She was my assistant when I first started out my law career. She also tends to get herself into too much trouble as well. I don't know how she does it. Anyway, she has long, black hair with prayer beads tied in. She is wearing a purple jacket and a gray monk rob. She has a dark purple ribbon tied around her waist to hold it together. She has a prayer bead around her neck and holding a golden magatama.

She slammed the paper on my desk as I was drinking some tea. I read the headline that stated Alfendi Layton was killed.... Wait, Alfendi Layton is dead?! I spat out my tea and coughed before searching for my phone! Are the Laytons ok?! I searched for it as Athena let out a yawn and approached the desk to read the paper. She rubbed her right eye before reading the headline.

"Huh" she spoke as I finally found my phone in my desk drawer to dial Professor Layton's number, "Then who did I talk to last night over the phone?"

At this statement, Maya and I turned to Athena who tapped Widget to pull her call history. She hummed again when Alfendi's name was present! What is happening?

"Hello? Mr. Wright? Is that you good fellow?" Professor Layton spoke in his usual gentlemanly manner.

"Uh, yeah it is professor" I answered before realizing he wasn't sad at all, "Hey, so your son is alive, right?"