Chapter 8: The Wrong Deductions to the Right Conclusions

(And here we are! I feel like I could've added more information to this. Either way, I do hope you enjoy this! I wanted the focus to be on their friend group anyway. Which is why Phoenix and Miles aren't big characters in this. They should be, but I wanted to move away from them. Interestingly enough, the Game Grumps are playing the second game and I ordered the OG trilogy for Switch! Enjoy!)

(Apollo's POV)

???????, ?????????

???????, ????????

              Ow, where am I? I know there is something there, but I don't know what is there. Wait, let me think about this. I was trying to shout out and warn Klavier and Seb. I didn't get a chance to either. What happened to me though? I was working with Al and did that dance of deduction and found out the truth. Also, Franziska was there too! Wait?! Did Klavier hear my warning?! No, wake up!

"Ah!" I yelled as I shook myself awake and realized that I tied against Yuta and hanging a bunch of cogs?

"Apollo" Yuta groaned as he woke up, "Please do keep your voice down"

"R-right, sorry about that, but where are we?" I asked in a panicked manner.

Fendi answered in the distance, "We are in London, England! Inside Big Ben!"

WHAT?! How did we get to London?!

Big Ben, Top Floor

May 14th, 8:00 AM

Actually, how did I end up hanging above the gears with my brother tied behind me?! Well, I am faring better than Alfendi and Lucy it appears. They were tied back to back and being pushed towards a set of gears themselves. Seriously, how did we end up in this situation?! We heard a noise and turned to see the elevator rising. I have a knowing, tired feeling that we are about to find out who is really behind this.

(Klavier's POV)

The Royal Horse guards Hotel & One Whitehall Palace, Room 214

May 14th, 8:00 AM

Well, after the performance in Italy, we departed for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and North Ireland. I already had the hotel picked out and reservations made. However, I was surprised to hear from Franny about everything that had transpired in the performance hall and even apprehended Mike. We contacted the International Police and Scotland Yard to discuss this along with our friends back home.

"We haven't heard from them" the Great Professor Layton spoke with concern.

He paid us a visit to inform us of the situation. I didn't realize it was that dire. I assumed Apollo and the others had everything under control, but this did not appear to be the case at all. Just what in the world are they thinking?

"We are interrogating everything we can out of Mike" Franny spoke seriously with her arms crossed over her chest, "We will not let him get away with this!"

"But who else is behind the scene, Lady Von Karma?" Professor Layton spoke in a concerned tone, "Someone else must be behind this. I don't believe Mike to be the one to orchestra this all on his own. I've read his file and heard my son's point of view on the matter. Needless to say, he's not as smart as you could give him credit for"

That only angered her as I placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"I must agree with the professor as well" I added softly to her, "I don't believe he would be the one behind this. If anything, I believe there is another person behind this, and he's not in the room with us"