A Little Jealous

This was requested by readygoread! I have used the wheel of names, and our jealous character shall be; Dazai Osamu! This isn't going to be very long since I have to go soon, but when I feel like it I might edit this!

Start Of Third Person P.O.V

The bustling city lights flickered like distant stars as Dazai walked beside Y/n through the crowded streets. The night air was crisp, and the atmosphere was charged with a subtle tension that seemed to emanate from Dazai. As they strolled along the illuminated pathways, Y/n held her phone to her ear, engrossed in a conversation with her friend Furina.

The soft glow from the screen of Y/n's phone illuminated her features, casting shadows on her face. Dazai stole glances at her, his usually calm demeanor replaced by a flicker of insecurity. Y/n, engrossed in her conversation, remained oblivious to the internal turmoil brewing within Dazai.

"So, Furina,

" Y/n laughed, her voice carrying through the cool night air, 

"you won't believe what happened in the latest episode of Demon Slayer, Kimetsu No Yaiba!"

Dazai's ears perked up at the mention of the anime. He tried to mask his interest, feigning disinterest as he looked into the distance, but his curiosity got the better of him.

Furina's voice emanated from the phone,

 "Oh, do tell! I've been meaning to catch up on the series. What happened?"

"Well," 

Y/n began excitedly,

 "you know Giyuu Tomioka, right? Oh my gosh, Furina, he's just so... amazing. I can't get enough of him! The way he fights demons with that serene demeanor, it's just so captivating."

Dazai's jaw clenched involuntarily, and he fought to maintain his nonchalant facade. A fictional character, Giyuu Tomioka, was seemingly causing a storm of emotions within him.

"Furina,"

 Y/n continued, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm, 

"I've been binge-watching all the episodes, and every scene with Giyuu just makes my heart race. I wish he were real, you know? It's crazy how a character can make you feel so much!"

Dazai felt a pang of jealousy, an emotion he rarely experienced. He couldn't understand why he cared so much about Y/n's infatuation with a fictional character. Trying to distract himself, he turned his attention to the surroundings, the city lights blurring into a sea of colors.

On the other end of the line, Furina chuckled,

 "Well, at least your heart isn't stolen by a real person. Fictional crushes are harmless, right?"

Y/n laughed in agreement, her gaze momentarily shifting towards Dazai. Unbeknownst to her, he was caught in a tempest of conflicting emotions. He knew he had no right to be jealous, yet the feeling persisted, gnawing at the edges of his composure.

As Y/n continued sharing her thoughts on Giyuu Tomioka, Dazai couldn't help but wonder why her affection for a fictional character bothered him so much. Was it the undeniable allure of the unattainable? Or was it the realization that he, a real person with flaws and complexities, couldn't compete with the idealized heroism of Giyuu?

As they approached a dimly lit alley, Y/n's laughter echoed through the night, contrasting sharply with Dazai's brooding silence. Sensing his unease, she shot him a concerned glance.

"Dazai, are you okay?"

 Y/n asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

Dazai forced a smile, dismissing her worries with a casual wave of his hand.