Chapter Fourteen

I realized that I have not updated in a while. I apologize, I am failing my readers. I'm sorry. Sometimes I want to be like an AO3 author, because they update no matter what. I am unable to do such magic, as my writing abilities have not upgraded in a long, long, time.

Also some of you are up really late reading this, and by the way I see what time you read this, so I would suggest that unless you are somewhere like school, work, or anywhere that is not in a room with a bed and it's not 1:00 am to 4:30 am, please try to get some rest.

Third Person P.O.V

The city of Yokohama buzzed with its usual energy as Y/n strolled down the bustling streets, her 170 cm frame weaving effortlessly through the crowds. With her trademark smile and closed eyes, she exuded an aura of nonchalance that belied the sharp mind beneath. Today was just like any other day for her – work, sarcasm, and maybe a little adventure.

Y/n worked at an agency nestled in the heart of Yokohama, a place where mysteries and secrets often collided. As she sauntered into the building, she was greeted by her eccentric coworker, Yosano, the agency's resident doctor. Yosano was a character straight out of a twisted fairy tale – with magenta eyes that seemed to pierce through the soul and a penchant for gossip that rivaled the most seasoned tabloid journalist.

"Morning, Yosano," 

Y/n greeted with a smirk as she passed by the doctor's office.

Yosano looked up from her desk, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

 "Ah, Y/n, my dear, have I got some sweet, boiling tea for you!"

Y/n's interest was piqued. Despite her outward demeanor, she was always eager for a bit of intrigue to spice up her day. 

"Do tell, Yosano."

Leaning in conspiratorially, Yosano whispered,

 "You'll never believe what I heard. Apparently, 'The Guild' made an offer to buy out our agency."

"The Guild?"

 Y/n raised an eyebrow.

 "That sounds ominous."

Yosano nodded, her butterfly hairclip glinting in the dim light of her office.

 "Indeed. They're a rich American organization with fingers in more pies than you can imagine. Word is, they wanted to expand their influence into Yokohama."

A chill ran down Y/n's spine. The thought of some shadowy organization meddling in their affairs didn't sit right with her.

 "And what did the president say to that?"

Yosano's lips curled into a smirk.

 "Oh, you'll love this. The president refused them outright. Said something about preserving the agency's integrity and independence."

Y/n couldn't help but grin. Despite her penchant for sarcasm, she had a fierce loyalty to her workplace. The idea of someone trying to buy them out didn't sit well with her at all. 

"Good on him. The last thing we need is some American conglomerate breathing down our necks."

Yosano chuckled, her laughter echoing through the office. 

"You've got that right, Y/n. But mark my words, this won't be the last we hear of The Guild. They're like a shadow – always lurking, waiting for the perfect moment to strike."

As Y/n turned to head to her desk, her mind buzzed with thoughts of The Guild and their mysterious intentions. But amidst the chaos and uncertainty, one thing remained constant – her unwavering determination to protect what was hers, even if it meant facing off against the shadows themselves. And with Yosano by her side, armed with her ability to heal even the gravest of wounds, she knew that together, they were a force to be reckoned with.

Little did they know, their journey was only just beginning, and the shadows of The Guild loomed larger than ever before.

End of Third Person P.O.V

Love percentages:

Dazai Osamu: 83%

Ranpo Edogawa: 84%

Chuuya Nakahara: 73%

Yosano Akiko: 76%

Fyodor Dostoevsky:13%

Nikolai Gogol: 3%

Sigma: 48%

Edgar Allan Poe: 1%

Tecchou Suehiro: 84%

Jouno Saigiku: 83%

Ryuunosuke Akutagawa: 57%

Story Secrets!

Y/n is currently deciding how to go about the guild!

Yosano is proud of herself for getting a chance to talk with Y/n!

Edgar Allan Poe heard a whisper from Kenji, who wanted Y/n to be there so he could hug her!

Edgar Allan Poe has gained an interest in Y/n, because he hasn't met her yet!

I'm sorry that this was short, I couldn't really think of anything to write. I hope you've enjoyed Nyctophile so far! Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day/night/evening/morning/afternoon!