CHAPTER SEVEN : poem of the wind part 2.

"It's alright, Kiana, Sirin. I've accepted my fate." Wendy said with a sad smile. Her words and expression didn't match what was in her eyes, sadness. "Valkyries must sacrifice themselves for the greater good. It's... my duty..." Wendy repeated the phrase about her duty again, this time being more monotone and less effort was put into pretend happiness.

'This... It's not fair! Nothing in this world is fair! How is it... That in all the universes in the sea of quanta.. This may very well be.. The happiest we get?..'

"But -" A sudden wave of Honkai Beasts cut off the two synchronised girls. Sirin gritted her teeth and paused her, talking to take her anger out on the Honkai Beasts. She rushed towards a Joyo-Ninja and punched it in the stomach, her Dream Cutter following up her punching and kicking by cutting in the places she hit.

She turned towards the two Archangels and used her charged attack and sent one of them flying into one of the pillars and the other into a bush. She kicked one, and it disintegrated, Kiana shot the other. Three had been taken care of by Kiana, three by Sirin, and three by Bronya, while Mei stood by the sidelines with Wendy.

Kiana and Sirin had calmed down by then.

Kiana stretched and asked Himeko through the Comms. "Hey, Aunt Himeko, is Hyperion ready?"

"Stop calling me that! Kids these days... Stay where you are and get ready to board."

"Aren't you like, only 27?" Sirin questioned.

"That's almost a whole generation!"

"Keyword, 'almost'."

"Wendy," Bronya began. She had your attention now as you ignored Himeko. "Wendy... Sorry..." She muttered.

The girl in the wheelchair smiled and closed her eyes. "It's fine, Bronya. You did nothing wrong." Her tone of voice changed as she opened her eyes. The purple haired girl began to warily approach Wendy.

"Honkai energy reactions detected." Himeko quickly said with a bewildered tone. "Is this from the Gem of Desire inside of Wendy? Wait, the readings of Honkai energy are off the charts!"

Sirin stood next to the girl's wheelchair even though she knew what was to come. It had brought her a sense of comfort in her past life - wait, what?

"1500 HW... 2000 HW... Holy...! What the hell is going on?!"

Wendy began to glow as particles that resembled dandelions floated around her, and the subtle hints of turquoise at the end of her black hair became more and more visible. But alas, Sirin stood next to her.

"2000 HW? huh..." The ground became covered in moss in between the tiles as if time had gone forward in the area, but the people had stayed the same. "With this power, I won't need two shots to crush Hyperion..."

"Miss Wendy, wh-what are you talking about?" Mei said fearfully.

"You hypocrites... I hate you... ALL of you!" Wendy smirked. The wind started to pick up and Sirin felt Mei wrap her arms around her and pull her away from Wendy, she felt a strange sense of nostalgia from it, but then it hit her; it was the moment Cecilia and Sirin died.

"I can't wait to kill ALL of you!"

Wendy began laughing like a maniac, and Sirin cringed.

'Andddddddd, bum-dum-dun! And just like that, Wendy has the Gem of Desire power! Yay for us...' Sirin thought and sighed internally. 'It's only been, like, three or four weeks, and I'm so done with this.'

Wendy summoned Honkai beasts and disappeared where, from the little Sirin could see, assumed was North.

They all quickly decided that Bronya and Mei would stay behind and deal with the hoard while Kiana and Sirin went after Wendy. Sirin couldn't let Bronya near Wendy because of Cocolia.

'How to let Wendy live.. how to..-"

"ERROR, FORCED REBOOT." The button  to initiate time fracture startled the girl and broke her out of the chant in her head.

"S-I-R-I ☆" Aiya spelt out her name, giggling and wrapping her arms around her neck.

"A-I-Y-A ☆" Sirin copied her. At night, while sleeping, she'd either get the past Sirin's memories or she'd be playing cards with Aiya.

"I can't be here long," Aiya pouted, crossing her arms and looking to the side. The floating girl kicked her legs back and forth. "But I got you a little present! ☆ Although im not sure when it'll get here."

Aiya tapped on one of the hanging stars and looked proudly at what she'd crafted

Aiya tapped on one of the hanging stars and looked proudly at what she'd crafted. It looked somewhat like the mobiles that would hang over a babies crib.

She watched one of the stars rock back and forth in a hypnotising motion.

"Aiya, you have your next job!" The one who was watching over her to keep her in check yelled.

"Yeah, yeah! Give me a minute woman!"

"Uwahhh... Bye-bye, Siri.." She tapped the one in the middle, and it glowed into a bright yellow light and disappeared, and so did she.