RPF) Behind the Goal (Pedri)

Behind the Goal (Pedri X Reader)

Fandom: RPF/Miscellaneous

Requested: Yee (ZEP ILY PLATONICALLY)

Warnings: none.

Summary: It started as a harmless prank and ended with a mutual understanding...

W.C.: 1196

: 1196

~~

It was not common knowledge, their relationship. One is a well-known midfielder for FC Barcelona and the other is a university student. It was not often that their schedules aligned enough to go out. Most of their dates had been in one of their houses or at the earliest hours of the day. It was not like they were trying to keep it under wraps. It just kind of happened.

One week, everything lined up. Y/n's classes were virtual due to a campus-wide power outage that could not be fixed in the near future, and Pedri has (almost) back-to-back matches for the next week. Y/n thought this would finally be their opportunity to see Pedri in action and meet his friends. Despite being together for nearly a year, they had not met any of Pedri's teammates. Could have been a red flag if not for the complicated schedules they all possessed.

The early morning before the match against Real Madrid was interesting. Y/n woke up early with Pedri, ate breakfast, and worked out with him before starting to attend their classes. Lucky for them, Pedri had left his phone on the charger before he went to shower, and Y/n thought it would be funny to change his lock screen because why not? They took a few silly pictures before going through them and deciding against putting one of the selfies on the lock screen. Instead, they found a cute picture of the two of them together, so they changed the blank screen and put the phone back just as the shower turned off.

Coincidentally, right as Pedri walked out, Y/n had to get on a Zoom call, so they did not need to worry about looking suspicious. Pedri walked up behind them, quietly leaving a kiss on the top of their head as he left for the match, knowing Y/n would meet him there after classes.

Usually, Pedri would put music on as he drove to the stadium, but in his rush, he decided to just listen to the radio. That being said, he did not look at his phone (no texting and driving in this household) the entire trip. It was not until he got into the locker room and met up with everyone that he even thought to check his phone. However, by the time he thought to check his phone, Gavi already had a hold of it.

"Oooo who's this?" Gavi teased, turning the phone to show Pedri the lock screen. Pedri was confused at first because he did not remember changing his lock screen, but there it was, clearly changed. And to a picture of Y/n and him, no less. "Are you seeing someone and haven't told us?"

"Maybe," Pedri blushed, reaching over to try and grab the phone from Gavi. "Maybe not. Give me the phone."

"You are!" Gavi gasped in mock offense. "And you're keeping this from me? What have I done?"

"It's not you, Gavi," Pedri laughed as he tried to grab the phone again. "If you give me the phone, I'll show you more pictures and call them. Or you could wait until after the match and meet them in person like the original plan."

"Who's pictures are we looking at? And who are we calling?" A couple of the other players said amongst themselves, overhearing Gavi and Pedri's conversation.

"Pedri's significant other that he did not tell us about," Gavi answered with a glare toward Pedri as he begrudgingly gave the phone back. "You better show us some good pictures."

"They're cute," Fermin commented as he looked over Gavi's shoulder at the phone. "Why would you hide them from us?"

"Show us some more, man," Joao laughed, throwing his arm over Pedri's shoulders as he messed up Pedri's hair. "I bet you've got better pictures if you know what I mean."

"I bet he would love to show you a million and one pictures, but it's time for warmups," Xavi said as he walked up behind the two.

"Oh, saved by the bell," Gavi chuckled as he bumped shoulders with Pedri. "After the match right?"

"Yeah, the plan was dinner if you want to meet them in person," Pedri explained as they ran out onto the grass.

"Team dinner on you? Count me in!" Gavi answered as he ran ahead.

"Not what I meant, but okay," Pedri grumbled to himself as he followed swiftly after him.

~~

The game was close, ending in Barcelona's favor 2-1, so the team was ready to celebrate. And it was against their biggest rival no less, so some of them were ready to get steamed. Gavi, on the other hand, just really wanted to know who the secret significant other is.

Despite being at the game, Y/n did not go into the locker room after the win like the other wives and girlfriends of the players. Y/n was not the biggest fan of huge crowds, so they thought it would be best to hang back and meet Pedri at his car when most of the fans had dispersed. Being that they took public transit to the stadium, they did not need to worry about their vehicle. They planned to ride with Pedri to the restaurant and maybe go bar hopping after, depending on the vibe of the team.

It did not take nearly as long as they thought for the stadium to clear out, and they made their way out to the lot. They had a copy of Pedri's keys, so they used them to unlock the car before climbing in. Then, they texted Pedri to let him know where they were, and almost immediately, he responded, saying that he was on his way out. Again, it did not take long for Pedri to make his way out of the tunnel and toward the car with Gavi, Fermin, and Joao walking in line with him, almost faster.

Pedri pushed the guys towards their own cars, saying, "You'll meet them at the restaurant." He waited for Gavi to get in his own car since he was the most reluctant to split off before turning and climbing into the driver's seat. He leaned over the center console and met Y/n in the middle as they kissed.

"Congratulations on the win. I saw that goal you made," Y/n praised as they rand their fingers up his chest to play with the hair at the nape of his neck. "Did you see my surprise?"

"If you're talking about changing my background to a picture of us, and subjecting me to the teasing I received from the boys, yes. I saw your surprise," He sighed before planting a kiss on their nose. "The bright side is that the boys are excited to meet you."

"The way you say that makes me think there is also bad news," Y/n trailed off as Pedri started the car and started driving out of the lot. "Tell me what happened."

"A couple of the guys think you're attractive, so now I need to be watching my back."

"Well, now you know how I feel with all of your fans."

~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment, or, heck, share it if you want. For legal reasons, I am required to state that I did NOT take the picture. I got it off Pinterest or Google. If you crave more content like this, be sure to follow me on Wattpad, my Tumblr, and/or my AO3 all under the username of @BAD268. I am more likely to see requests sent through Tumblr, but any request is still appreciated. That's all for now, Lads. Thanks for being a part of my Academy.

Till next time,

BAD268