VII

(I love creating photos for a specific scene in the chapter ^^^)

"What do you imagine bleeds more, the heart,, the mind, or the soul?"

   Jimin had submitted to a sleep on the wooden floors of the den, pressed forward with a relentless prodding at his shoulders.

"Yes!?" He turned, lethargy ingesting his manners when he scorned the constant tapping.

"Hey! I am doing you a merciful favor but aiding awareness to where you've chosen to take rest." A man bled his tone to clot at Jimin's prompt lack of gratitude.

Jimin looked around, scrutinizing the now unkept piano before he peered back at the other man.

"A thank you would suffice." The man bore his hand down once he stood, picking Jimin up to teeter at his feet.

"Thank you..." Jimin stared again, "Jin? SeokJin is it?" His hand stowed above Jin's as he angled his head to the lack of surprise Jin returned once Jimin recognized him.

"Yes, and I would choose not to reside in your tart tone of snide thankful regard." Jin's speech had seemed rather literary and reserved with a certain authority. Shaped sentences to which Jimin didn't entirely understand.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit on edge." A glare from the other was enough for Jimin to acknowledge his own stern behavior.

"Ah, worry none. When you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space." Jin took his hand aside, pressing behind Jimin to nudge him forward towards the door of the den.

"I'm starting to gather that." Jimin followed the push, tripping slightly when Jin stumbled in front of him to bend down.

"Ah, excuse me-" Jin knelt to collect a fallen card aside Jimin's blunt posture.

"I like to keep these." The card stood between Jin's two fingers, Jimin grimacing at the strange and nearly dire appeal Jin held for it.

Jimin found the matter to perceive it as endearing. To have something so little seem so meaningful.

"Why? A single card mocking the same suit? If I might recall credibly, it's the King Of Hearts?"

"I hold these favorably, yes." Jin looked at the card, turning it for the King to face Jimin fully.

"In my time of innocence of the past, I never got to ask, why?" Jimin crossed his arms, a precise position that enabled his true intentions on simply being intrigued.

Jin paused, pulling the card back slightly. "Hm, that you didn't."

And he tucked the card away before turning again to walk outside of the den.

"...So why?" Jimin loosened his pose, stepping forward to meet Jin's pace.

He bothered himself with how Jin neglected the question, forged between the worry of whether he had been too invasive, or simply wasn't respectable enough to gain an answer.