VIII

"It is not his tone, nor his behavior that presents his certitude. His truth in identity is merely found when the eyes, lay on the reflection."

Taehyung had taken his time to ridicule Jimin, reminding him of how he hadn't been simply neglecting him to favor his own lorn.

He was patient with him, more than he'd ever be with Jin.

Jin, who often tempted those who yearned for someone else's control.

That to everyone, was surely Jimin.

But Taehyung had appeared forgiving enough for Jimin to continue to lay beside him.

Jimin encased himself between Taehyung's arms, muffling his self-reproach from when he painted the roses.

Though Jimin felt adoration and remission from Taehyung, he couldn't seem to find himself pleasant beneath the arms that hugged him anymore.

Jimin went to sit up, hoping to pace around the home to occupy his awareness and coerce himself into a jaded manner.

But he found himself in the drawing room, the air dense with the scent of rose tea. He was no longer in bed, stepping over the wood floors to find Taehyung standing across from him, sipping tactfully with his eyes inclined to a feral glint.

"Something wrong?" Taehyung smiled, stood beside the same piano he had used to manipulate Jimin's mislead sanity a couple nights ago.

Was Taehyung not just in bed?

Jimin was often deluded, and when he accused the others of having been some place where they were not, he was belittled.

So he didn't ask upon Taehyung's location, but rather his reason for toying with the piano that night.

"You meant something that night, when you played the piano." Jimin dusted his hand at the shelves, taking a book from the glass table to place it into an empty spot.

"I did, and I've explained that to you." Taehyung carried a tilt to his head, unaltered by Jimin's concern and disorder.

"Not entirely. You told me I was undone. I'm not, yet I continue to believe that you think otherwise. I still don't understand what you meant, with many things. My undoing? Your fear of my revelation?" Jimin leered back.

Taehyung sighed, stepping in front of Jimin.

"I meant everything I had told you." He pressed the blue strands of Jimin's hair between his fingers, drawing his hand down to tilt Jimin up by his chin.

"Explain it to me then." Jimin stabled his attraction, pursuing a grounded response from his doubt.

Taehyung paused, shifting his hand slightly before tapping at Jimin's temples, "...Figure it out."

Jimin stared.

"...What?" The telling of Jimin's supposed occupation to interpret Taehyung's behavior on his own, surely did not deceive Jimin from recognizing where he had heard that before.

"The things I told you, I told you for you... For you to construe on your own." Taehyung dulled his conviction of stirring a certain fright from the smaller.