𖡎 things were emerging 𖡎

a long whistle echoed through the gymnasium, signifying the end of the final preliminary match. cheers and screams roared, sending vibrations throughout the courts.

karasuno snatched the victory from aoba johsai. they were going to the finals.

the morale for the team was high; everyone was pushing through their stiff, tired bodies to run and tackle one another. well, except for tsukishima as usual.

he smiled at their victory, feeling happy that their team got to move forward once again. however, he began to feel uneasy. cameras were everywhere. tv cameras for the sports news, cameras from the crowd, and even their coach wanted to get pictures for the team blog. it felt as if all the cameras were pointing directly at him, scrutinizing all of the features he wanted to hide from the world.

but, he plastered on a neutral face and proceeded as if nothing bothered him.

after thanking aoba johsai for the game and the audience for coming to watch them play, the team went to clean up their stuff and pack up the bus. "listen up, guys," coach ukai spoke in front of the bus. "when we get back to the school, we will have a brief meeting then we go the hell home. let's do our best to unpack everything in a timely manner."

"yes, sir," the team said in unison before entering the bus.

tsukishima's phone buzzed.

kuroo:
congrats on making finals, babe. i knew u would make it.

we should go out to celebrate tonight

tsukishima:
thank you :)

i don't think that's a good idea.
it's been a long day.

kuroo:
awe my baby so tired ^3^

how about we watch a movie then

that way you can get proper rest

tsukishima:
i don't want to put you out

you traveled all this way

you must be just as tired

wait, where are you staying anyway?

kuroo:
akiteru must have not told you yet

tsukishima:
tell me what?

tsukishima was utterly confused, being aloof as usual. not long after he sent the last text, he got a message from his brother.

akiteru:
hey bro

sorry i forgot to tell you

kuroo is coming to surprise you

mom and i arranged for him to stay with us for the week

tsukishima:
...
akiteru

akiteru:
you're welcome <3

tsukishima felt his face get warm, and his nerves were going haywire. he couldn't fathom the fact that his mom, akiteru, and kuroo conspired behind his back. he groaned while laying his head back against the seat, flustered. then he realized something.

kuroo has never been over to his house. kuroo has never seen his room. did i clean up my mess from earlier...oh, god. the dinosaur plushies. tsukishima buried his face in his hands and groaned loudly.