𖡎 every calorie a failure 𖡎

been getting even worse 
all the days begin to merge 

"hey, baby!" kuroo beamed through tsukishima's phone screen. 

tsukishima let out a soft smile. "hey."

it had been three days since the fight occurred at practice. kageyama and tsukishima haven't so much as glanced in either's direction other than the forced apology their coach made them give each other. as for with the other players, outside of ennoshita and tadashi, they walked on eggshells around the blond. honestly, tsukishima no longer cared.

he didn't even pay much mind to the never-ending lecture from coach ukai once practice ended. he heard it all before. he knows what happened and in a rational mind, it was wrong. he just wanted to move away from it. he didn't talk to ennoshita after practice; he paid his thanks and respects to his captain and then proceeded home.

the days in between were more or less just a blur. same routine. wake up, go to school, go to practice, talk to kuroo on the phone, then go to sleep. nothing much in between. nothing much to really explain anyway.

"how was practice?" kuroo asked.

tsukishima just shrugged. "alright, i guess. how's uni going?"

a loud groan was heard. "it's boring! some of these classes make me want to slam my head through a church window. like why did i take college prep classes in high school just to be doing the exact same thing?"

tsukishima let out a chuckle. "well, thanks for preparing me for that."

"oh by the way!" kuroo jumped up from where he was laying and went off-screen for a second. he returned with his laptop. "i have to tell you something."

"oh god."

"don't be so skeptical. it's pretty exciting!"

tsukishima sighed. "i'm listening."

"you know how karasuno would come to tokyo for practice matches against us?" kuroo asked.

"obviously. i was there."

"well, coach nekomata agreed to organize something for your spring break. i don't know if your coach told you yet."

"he hasn't, but i figured that's what was going to happen anyway."

"well, this is going to be different. i gathered up some alumni from nekoma, fukurodani, and your karasuno alumni. we assembled a team for everyone to play against. coach nekomata approved it so in two weeks, we'll have a fun reunion!"

"please tell me you didn't invite bokuto..." 

kuroo pressed his lips together and looked away from the camera, guilty. 

"kuroo!"

"i didn't think he'd be able to make it!" kuroo defended. "plus, he'd be butthurt and blowing up our phones if we didn't invite him."

tsukishima groaned. "i hate that you're right, but god damn it."

kuroo let out a laugh. "yeah, well. on the bright side, we'll get to play each other again. i'll get my revenge from nationals."

"good luck," tsukishima smirked. "just hope your rusty ass can keep up, old man."

"oh, whatever. you just wait, blondie."

they bantered back and forth for a bit like they usually did on their calls. kuroo always knew how to get tsukishima to smile and laugh, even if it was little ones. he loved that about the raven-head elder. it gave him a brief moment of hope that someone believes he is worth something, especially when in the back of his mind he knows he's not.