Chapter 5 - Facing The True

>Harry's Pov<

I was on the couch chilling after a hard day at work. I mean it wasn't hard, but I couldn't stop thinking about the possibility of Jonathan being back... I just couldn't get this out of my mind. What did he wanted from Alice? What was his deal? Why return after so many years!? Why now? What if he wanted to take her back with him...? What would happen then...? 

Since Alice was younger that, I know she missed her brother. She'd seem so pensative as she looked at the headband she had when she got here. I know it reminded her of her old family. What if... she missed her old brother? What if all she wants is for him to come back and take her back home...? What would I even do...? Just let her go... or maybe make her stay?

I heard the door open and immediatly made a smile onto seeing Alice and Kevin entering the living room. Finally my sister was home. I shaked those thoughts out of my mind as to welcome both of them. Alice ran towards me and bascially jumped on my arms for a hug. Like always, I had to catch her which I did successfully. I smiled down at her as she placed the arms around my neck hugging me back. "Brother!" she'd yell out happly

I smiled and giggled at her "Hey sissy, I see you are happy to be home!" she smiled and said "Of course! I love to come home to be with you! I missed you so much during classes!". Kevin laughted and said "Wow- drama queen~" I immediatly looked over to him "Call my sister that again, I fucking dare you~.". I glared at Kevin which made him tense up and put his hands in his topic "Ups- hm- sorry- eh-", Alice on the other hand just started to laught loudly as she looked at Kevin "Omg you seem so scared! You know Harry would never hurt you for a joke like that, don't you?"

I looked at Kevin with a mischievious smile on my face. I wanted to scare him a little bit more. It was only fair. I wouldn't let him make fun of my sister like that. Nah nah. Not on my watch. "O-of course he wouldn't!" Kevin said clearly nervous about my smile towards him. While Alice just smiled. As she looked at me I completely soften my expression as for her not to realise I was being "evil" towards Kevin. 

"Hey, sissy, go put your bag in your room and get things ready for tomorrow, ok? I am gonna be working on dinner" I said wanting to be alone with Kevin for a bit. "Oki!" she smiled as she rushed upstairs obeying my command. She was the sweetest... I love her so much... I couldn't live without my sister on my side. I looked over to Kevin with my worried expression for earlier. He seemed confused as to why I looked like that since he had brought Alice safely home as he always did...

"Bro, what's up? You seem worried about something?" Kevin asked approaching me a bit. I sat down in the couch again, before answering "It's Jonathan. Alice's Jonathan. He's... he's back...". Kevin sat next to me as he looked completely shocked and surprised by those news. "You mean- Alice's brother? Like the brother that abandoned her when she was just a toddler? That Jonathan!?", I did nothing, but nod my head to Kevin. I also couldn't bring myself to believe it, but the clues pointed that direction.

"Shit.". That's the only thing Kevin could sau in that moment. He was just speachless, I had never seen him like that before in our ten years of friendship. "What am I supposed to do Kevin!? I am so afraid...", "Afraid he'll come to hurt Alice?" he asked, "That too..., but like, I don't know what to do! Jonathan is her brother after all... how can I do anything!?"

Kevin seemed confused with my words, "Eh- I don't understand what you are saying bro..." he placed a hand in my shoulder before continuing talking "What are you trying to say here?"

I looked at Kevin as I signed. I didn't wanted to explain it. I didn't wanted to vent about my deep thoughs..., but it was my best friend right there! I could trust him with my fears. I took a deep breathe was I ran my hand tho my hair, getting ready to tell Kevin why I was so scared about the return of Jonathan.

"Kevin. Jonathan is Alice's older brother. The one that we don't know what's her opinion on... we don't know what her reaction would be if she learns that he returned and is looking for her...", I said holding back the tears from forming in my eyes, "But Harry, what does that even mean? You know we'll gonna protect Alice at all cost!" he said smilling reassuring me "Alice will be safe from that motherfucker. 

"You don't get it!" I yelled making Kevin, once again, look concerned and surprised "Kevin, we don't know if she wants him away. What if she dreams about having her blood brother back!? After all, when they both separated she was a child! She must miss him a lot! What if she wants to go what him...? What if Jonathan wants to take her away!? Away... from me...? What d-do I do w-without my sister... without my Alice...?"

My voice sounded broken and I felt my hands shaking as Kevin looked down at the floor, probably thinking about what he could say. He'd look at me "Harry... she wouldn't leave you behind! What if you're just overthinking this!? Maybe she'll just be scared about him being back. We don't know how she feels about him.". "Exactly... we don't know... and thats what's scaring me... If... if she wants to go with her... I'll have to let her go... I respect her every decision and I can't stop her from doing what her heart desires and besides... Jonathan is her real brother..."

"To me Jonathan will never be something as close as a bother. You are and always will be my real big brother. No matter what. And I wanna stay with you."

Both me and Kevin tensed up when earing those words. We looked behind us to see Alice standing there, with a soft smile on her face, looking right into my eyes... the smile... never fading... not even once...