Chapter 19

Jennie POV

I got off my car in front of Jisoo's mansion. The door was half open. I guess Jisoo left it that way.

I heard Jisoo and Taehyung arguing upstairs, so I marched up the staircase. 

Hearing Taehyung's voice angered me beyond measure. I hate how rash he is. I hate how he ignored my pleas and went forward with hurting my best friend and so many innocent workers. 

Don't worry Rosie, I'll hit him good for you. 

Finally I reached the room Jisoo unnie and Taehyung were in. I burst through the door, blood roaring in my veins.

"Kim Taehyung you brainless idiot! You're the worst person ever!"

Seeing his face angered me further. I went right over and slapped him right across the face. Immediately I felt a pang of guilt. My heart started to clench. 

Hurting Taehyung hurt me as well, but the look he gave me was so painful I couldn't bear to look at him. Still I forced myself to look at him. I have to do this for Chae.

"Jen!" I heard Jisoo unnie yelp and felt her hands pulling down my arms.

Taehyung's hand flew to cover his throbbing face, and I felt even worse. 

"Jennie...I....I can explain-"

Hearing his voice fired up my anger yet again, and I demanded, "Explain what? How you mess everything up? I hate you so much!"

I looked straight into Taehyung's eyes and almost lost it. They were filled with pain and hurt, and I hated to know that I was the cause of it. I immediately looked away, avoiding his eyes. 

"I'm sorry Jennie......I failed to see sense and acted rashly, hurting so many people. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness for hurting your best friend so badly, but please, Jennie......"

I looked up. His eyes were filled with regret, and I felt myself forgiving him already. My anger dissipated at 100 million miles per hour, and my heart started to calm, but what he said next drove my heart to beat faster than ever. 

"—don't hate me forever. I promise I'll try to right every wrong I do. I just want to let you know that I care so much because I....I love you."

My eyes widened and I froze. Taehyung just said he loved me back. My heart was immediately taken over by infinite bliss. Oh, this was way too good to be true.

I didn't let my emotions show, and Taehyung's face fell upon seeing no reaction to his confession.

"I......I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said—"

I threw my arms around him, burying my face into his chest.

"And I love you too."

I felt him tense, and his arms slowly hugged me back.

We stayed there for a moment until we moved apart, our cheeks flushed.

"I...." We both began at the same time.

"I'm sorry, you can talk first." 

"Nah, you can."

We both blushed even harder. 

Finally I said, "So......I don't blame you anymore."

His face lit up, and he said, "I'm glad to hear that."

"Erm.....now that we've got our feelings out, does that mean....."

"Are we like, dating now?"

I let out a nervous laugh. "I don't know about you, but I sure don't mind that."

"I certainly don't mind either."

We stared into each other's eyes, and at that moment, I truly felt like I understood what love was.

Author note: 

For kitty_555 another update today! Taennie finally ended up confessing their feelings for each other! Hopefully this makes y'all happy! I love everyone single one of you and hope you all enjoy this story so far!