Time For a Wedding (Bamon)

Bonnie used to always imagine her wedding ever since she was used to it. At first, she didn’t know who she was going to marry but as she got older and she had multiple boyfriends, like Jeremy or Enzo who she believed that she would end up marrying one of them but that was before Jeremy and her broke up and later with Enzo dying. She then believed that she was going to never be happy, never find a love that would last. So imagine her surprise when Damon and Elena broke up and Damon after a while told her about how he is in love with her. Damon Salvatore who she hated at first, who she threatened to kill if he did anything to hurt innocent people.

Bonnie was even more surprised that Elena was alright with them being together, she was happy for them in fact. But then again, Elena was engaged to Matt and getting married in the fall which is something that Elena used to say back before Stefan and Damon came along. “Are you nervous?” Caroline asked as she clipped her hair up and put the veil on her. After everything that Bonnie had faced and she wasn’t nervous then why is she so nervous now.

“Yes, I am,” Bonnie admitted as she looked at herself in the mirror. “After everything we have been through, and I’m nervous about getting married, how crazy is that” she let out a nervous laugh. “I’m glad that you guys are here” she said as she looked at both Caroline and Elena, who both looked happier than she had seen them in a long time. 

“Of course we’re here, this is a big day for you” Elena said as she smiled at her. “I’m so happy for you Bon Bon” she said as she hugged her tightly, “you deserve this, you deserve a lifetime of happiness for everything that you have done for me and everyone else and I hope you get that” she whispered quietly to her before she pulled away. There was a knock on the door and Elena smiled at her before she left the room to got down the aisle first since she is one of her bridesmaids before Caroline followed her out the door and down the aisle.

When it was Bonnie’s turn to go down the aisle, she felt her nerves returning and she almost didn’t come out of the room. However she left the room anyway and walked down the aisle by herself before she stopped in front of Damon and Stefan. Stefan of course became a wedding officiant so he could marry Damon and Bonnie like Damon did for him. She thought it was a sweet gesture between the brothers, she looked over at Stefan and smiled at him before she looked at Damon.

"Thank you all for attending today as we join the hands of Damon Salvatore and Bonnie Bennett in an imperfectly perfect union. The bride and groom have found love at last. They will never have to go on a first date again. Today they seal that deal as they enter into the most coveted bond of husband and wife." Stefan said as he smiled and started the ceremony. “There is nothing greater in this world than finding the people with whom we feel safe, secure, and most ourselves. We search to find the person most accepting of our flaws; even the ones we try not to show until at least the 5th date. We search to find the person most encouraging of our dreams; even those crazy, impulsive ones that never get off the ground. But most of all, we search to find the person who loves us so unconditionally we simply can’t do anything but believe it. Bonnie and Damon believe in their love today as do all of us who have gathered to witness their marriage. As they go forth into the next great chapter of life, they do so with confidence knowing that their search has come to a fruitful end. To help us get this ceremony started, I’d like to start with a reading selected by the couple.” He continued before he started to read the reading that they picked out. It was a Bob Marley quote that they both liked so they picked it.

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love is hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”

After Stefan finished reading the quote, he paused and continued to speak. “As Damon and Bonnie step into marriage, we ask that their families and friends continue to show their support just as you have done so by being here today. It is true, marriage is not always an easy path - but it is the most rewarding. The support of a loving community can make all the difference. So, when that first big fight comes, please pick up the phone. Offer a little guidance, and maybe some wine. We know that Damon and Bonnie have it within them to reap every reward this marriage will bring them. Do you agree to support them on this awesome journey?” He paused for a moment as he looked at the crowd before he continued speaking.

“As Damon and Bonnie exchange their vows today, they do so from a place of deep love and commitment. Although today has been lighthearted by nature, there is nothing Damon  and Bonnie take more seriously than the opportunity to demonstrate their faith in the future for all of you to hear. Let’s begin.” Stefan said as he looked between Damon and Bonnie, he was happy that Damon found love with Bonnie because they were good together. “Please repeat after me” he told Damon before saying what Damon had to repeat.

“I, Damon Salvatore, take you, Bonnie Bennett, to be my wife. In the good times and bad, there is no one I’d rather have by my side. You have made my future seem like more than just a dream. I will be your sidekick in all adventures. I promise to never stop playing with you. I will be there to make you laugh when you really want to cry. I will love you as my best friend, lover, and partner in crime. I’m in it for life.”  Damon repeated what Stefan had said before Stefan asked Bonnie to repeat him.

“I, Bonnie Bennett, take you, Damon Salvatore, to be my husband. In the good times and bad, there is no one I’d rather have by my side. You have made my future seem like more than just a dream. I will be your sidekick in all adventures. I promise to never stop playing with you. I will be there to make you laugh when you really want to cry. I will love you as my best friend, lover, and partner in crime. I’m in it for life.” Bonnie repeated as she smiled at Damon, she wasn’t one to cry but she was getting teary eyed very quickly but she blinked back her tears so she wouldn’t cry. Caroline’s twins came up to them, holding two rings on a pillow and held it out to them.

“The ring is symbolic of a lasting commitment. It does not break. It may bend, however, but then you’d want to see your jeweler. As you place the ring on your partner’s finger, please think about the unwavering faith in your relationship that has brought to this point today.” Stefan said as Damon and Bonnie took one ring and slipped it on each other’s finger.

“Well there’s no turning back now, you’re stuck with me” Damon said to Bonnie jokingly as he slipped the ring on her finger.

“Is that a promise?” Bonnie asked back jokingly as she smiled back at him as she slipped the other ring on. He replied back with one simple answer, “always”.

“By the power vested in me by the Universal Life Church, I now pronounce you spiritually and legally united. You may kiss the bride” Stefan said after they put the rings on each other. Damon wasted no time in kissing her, his lips tasting like a mix of mint and bourbon. He smells like bourbon, coconut milk, amber, sandalwood, vanilla, sugar and musk. Of course she would know because she had smelt all of the scents separately once so she knew the smells.

“Now, It’s you and me forever” Damon said after he pulled away and smiled at her. He kissed her cheek softly as he held her close.