Secrets Between Friends

-Chapter 14-

-Amy's Pov-

Sonic had his lips on mine...I was in shock, I mean, I love Shadow...I pushed him back and covered my lips with the back of my hand, standing quickly, I ran out towards the town. Hoping Shadow was there.

-Shadow's Pov-

(Hello, how are you?)
"Bonjour çava?" A tall brown cat asked, he wore a pair of round glasses and a waistcoat, his face looked old but I didn't mind, I was currently browsing a shop that sold various steampunk items...don't get me wrong, I'm only in here for a gift.

(I'm good)
"Çava bien" I replied to the shop clerk, he smiled as he sat in his faded leather chair behind the counter, his grey eyes looked around the shop as if he'd just stepped in, bewildered.

I scanned the shelves of various items, from guns to corsets, I pondered on what to buy when the twinkling of the shop door sounded, whipping my head round I saw a very upset looking Rose, she scanned the shop and ran over to me, she hugged me tightly. Hm...

(Young lady)
"Jeune femme?" The old clerk came over to Rose and held out a handkerchief, she smiled and took it off him, his ears were down as he looked at  a crying Rose holding onto me, I wonder if faker had anything to do with this.

(Sir, would you and your lady like a necklace?)
"Monsieur, feriez vous et votre dame comme un collier ?" The clerk asked, he held up a red heart with a black rose on it, a small key in the middle and a butterfly were also around the rose, I saw Rose's eyes widen as she gazed longingly at the beautiful necklace before us.

(How much?)
"Combien?" I asked, holding out my wallet, the clerk raised his hand and shook his head,

(Nothing)
"Rien" he replied, as he handed me the necklace, I smiled as Rose turned round, I put the necklace on her neck and smelt the sweet smell of strawberries from her neck, she blushed as I moved her hair back.

(Thank you)
"Merci" I replied as the clerk smiled happily and sat back in his chair, his boots squeaked as they hit the counter in front of him, he looked towards Rose,

(Smile, because you're beautiful)
"Sourire, parce que vous êtes belle" he winked and smiled, his yellowish teeth shone in the sunlight cracked roof, Rose nodded her head slightly as I held her hand and left the shop.

-Amy's Pov-

This necklace is so beautiful! I can't believe Shadow was in that shop, I had looked just in about 2 shops before I found that one, I can't believe what happened between me and Sonic...Shadow must never know.

"Um...what shall we do now?" I asked,peering up at the cloudless sky, the suns rays hit my face and soothed my freezing chill that shimmered down my spine.

-Meanwhile-

-Blaze's Pov-

"Silver?" I asked, as I pulled him onto the sun-bed next to me, he fell onto it and groaned.

"What is it Blaze?" He asked holding my hand, I looked at him and then at the hotel,

"Should we talk to Sally? Or should we talk to Sonic?" I asked, still fixing my eyes onto the hotel above us, Silver laughed and shook his head,

"Why should we talk to a cheater? Sonic would be the better option but he's ran off, we'll wait till he gets back okay?" He asked as he kissed my forehead, I nodded and laid back onto the sun bed.

-Rouge's Pov-

Cream, Knuckles, Vector, Vanilla and I were enjoying a lounge in the pool, Tails had gone back to his room to try and get in contact with Sonic, Espio was at the bar enjoying a cool drink, whilst the rest of us were either in our rooms, at the pool or in town, I wondered where Shadow and Amy went together *wink wink* nah...Amy's too pure for that.

I leaned back onto my beautiful lilo and sighed, I suddenly felt a cold spray tickle my ear, opening my eyes I saw Knuckles holding a water pistol.

"That's it knucklehead!" I screamed as I jumped into the air and landed on him, I grabbed the water pistol and drenched him, serves him right.

-Amy's Pov-

We made out way back to the hotel and I remained silent the whole walk there, Shadow's grip on my hand tightened in reassurance that he was there, his ruby eyes shone in the sunlight, his quills swayed slightly as we walked.

"Rose, is there something wrong?" He asked suddenly, his husky voice made me jump, I frantically shook my head and held my hands up,

"No, no, e-everything is alright...I promise..." He didn't look convinced but shrugged,

"Alright" he mumbled, his arm snaked round my waist as he held me close, we entered into the hotel grounds and saw a familiar green hedgehog talking to a blue one. Dipping my head, I continued to walk along side Shadow, his eyes fixed on the hotel ahead.

"Hey Shadow! Um could I borrow Amy please?" Sonic asked as he ran ahead of us, Shadow looked at me as I nodded,

"5 minutes...anymore and you're dead" he threatened, Sonic lead us through to a quiet conservatory and held out a seat for me, I sat in front of him.

"*clears throat* Ames, I'm sorry about what happened near the canal...can we keep it a secret? I'm so sorry I did it but I don't want Shadow to murder me...you see the truth is, is that I've liked you since I first met you, you're sweet, kind, funny and an amazing friend...I was shocked to find that you had gone with Shadow, I hope this doesn't change our friendship, I'll leave you alone if it's for the best? But I hope we can stay friends" he admitted, his ears flat and head down, I smiled.

"Sure, we can be friends...I just don't want it to happen again okay?" I asked as I held out my hand.

"Alright" he smiled weakly and shook my hand.

I hope Shadow's okay, I hope he doesn't ask any questions...I mean, I can't just say "no we won't be friends since you kissed me and I wanted to kill you" because that's too harsh, Shadow must not know about this. I pray he never finds out...