Christmas Wishes & Heart Kisses

-Chapter 15-

-Amy's Pov-

Christmas is probably...ONE OF THE BEST TIMES OF THE YEAR! I'm in my warm, bat winged jumper with my slipper boots on, a warm cup of hot chocolate, a warm embrace came from behind me.

"Hey you" a husky voice sounded in my ears, I sighed and leaned back further into the embrace, Shadow chuckled and jumped over the sofa, his arm slung over my shoulders as he pulled me closer, I'd given him a spare key to my place, my mom wasn't home since she's gone to visit my auntie till well after New Years.

Shadows excuse was "I nearly starved"
(Me: Directioner alert! Niall 'nearly starved' when Zayn found him in his flat/house)

I laughed at him but let him stay...well it is nice to have company.

"So...what shall we do today then?" He asked, his ears twitching slightly.

"No idea...what do you want to do?" I asked, holding the mug of my drink. It's December the 24th...hm will it be too late to Christmas shop? Shadow stared at me whilst I was deep in thought.

"Come on Rose, you're thinking again,  it smells like bacon in here" he laughed heartedly as I laughed...lightly.

"How bout we go ice skating?" I asked, flicking some hair from my eyes.

"Great, let's go" Shadow said grabbing my wrist and pulling me from the sofa.

"Hey wait!" I yelled as he continued to pull me to the hallway, my hair managed to get tangly and messy after that escapade. Great.

----At the Ice Rink----

-Shadow's Pov-

I watched Rose as she glides on the ice like a beautiful swan on water, she's so delicate, like a flower. I stepped out onto the ice and made my way to her, she smiled and held out her hand, I took it and grinned, I've never felt like this in my life, she's so gorgeous on the ice.

"Shadow come on" she laughed, grabbing my hand,

"Alright, alright I'm coming" I smiled, we skated around and did a few tricks, she even showed me how to do a lift.

"*yawn* it's getting late Rose, let's get going" I mumbled into my scarf as we made our way to the side.

"Alright, I'm starting to feel chilly to be honest" she stated as she sat on the bench, I helped take her boots off and returned her, her snow boots, I also helped put those on.

"Shadow?"

"Hm?"

"Can we stop off somewhere please?" Rose asked quietly, as we stood up after I'd put my regular shoes on,

"Sure" I smiled as I linked her arm with mine, she seemed upset all of a sudden but I shrugged it off.

We made our way towards a small shrine on a hill overlooking the city below, Rose kneeled before it and bowed her head.

-Amy's Pov-

"Hello dad" I whispered, I placed my hand on the cold stone before me, the words "Freddie Rose~ 16th March 1964-28th April 2015 aged 51, loving husband, father, brother, uncle, friend-he will be forever missed and loved" carved into the stone  in graceful letters. Shadow kneeled beside me and held my hand tightly.

"Rose...I'm sorry" was all he managed to say before I started crying, it was the first time I'd actually cried since the day he died, I just let it all out, crying into Shadow's scarf, he held me tightly and started humming. I'd managed to calm down within the 10 minutes of him holding me.

"Dad, I want you to meet Shadow. He's my boyfriend, don't worry dad, he's not a bad person, he's brave like you were" I chocked. I lit the candle infront of the stone and held my hands together, my father was a believer in the Japanese way of honouring the spirits with candles, shrines and flowers.

"The Sakura blossoms should be out just after New Years" I mumbled into my hands, where his gave is, he's over looking the city, has a large cherry tree near his grave and red lanterns going across the trees. I heard Shadow move so I opened my eyes, he smiled at me and held out his hand.

"Come on Rose" I took his hand and walked ahead.

-Shadow's Pov-

I placed a hand on her fathers grave and smiled,

"I'll take care of your daughter, no one will take her away Sir, I will defend her no matter what. You can count on me Sir" I bowed my head and turned to leave, catching up with Rose.

"Oh Shadow look" she gasped as she pointed up at a tree.

"What is it?" I asked

"It's mistletoe, silly" she laughed, pulled me towards it and kissed me.

"Mm, you taste like strawberries" I winked, yes it's her strawberry lip gloss.

"I want to make a wish" Rose started, I looked at her like she was mad or something.

She closed her eyes and scrunched her nose, she looked so adorable. I closed my eyes and wished myself. Yes, you are imaging the ultimate life form making a wish. Deal. With. It.

"Alright. I hope it comes true." Rose said as she looked at me, "I'll tell you next year if it has or not" she added. I nodded.

"Me too, come on you, let's get some warmth" I held her hand as we made our way back to hers.

Hey readers! Sorry I haven't been updating much! Been all over the place really. I will be updating soon I really do promise this time 🐢