Chapter 4 - The flower shop

Ganal awoke to Fifi trying to stick her fingers up his nose. He flung her off. "What we're you doing in there?!" He flung her off. Fifi landed on Omni's shoulder. She glared at him. "Be careful with Fifi she's your lemur after all."

Ganal rolled his eyes.
"Anyway I'm gonna go into town to get some supplies for our trip." Ganal got up.

"I'm coming too." Omni said, putting on her glasses.

They both got ready and started walking towards the earth kingdom town.

"Wait." Ganal grabbed Omnis shoulder.
"Yeah?" She asked.

"This town was taken over by the New Chen Society." He said. He pointed to guards walking around the town and several banners covering the town wall.

"Oh." Omni sighed.

"We can go we just need some disguises." Ganal said.

They walked back to camp and got large cloaks to put over their nomad clothes.

"Now let's go back, get what we need and get out of here." Ganal said.

Omni nodded and they both entered the town.

"Wow everyone looks so sad in here." She looked around.

They walked up to a vegetable cart and bought lots of food.
"We have some coins left in our spending allowance today, I'm gonna go get that new bag." Omni pointed to a large brown bag with green buttons.

Ganal shrugged. "Do what you want."

Omni ran up to the merchant selling bags.

"That bag please." She pointed to the bag she wanted.
The merchant sighed and walked over to the bag and put it on the counter. "3 copper pieces." He groaned.

"I only have silver pieces." Omni placed a silver piece on the counter. "That will do." He took out a few copper pieces for her change.

"Keep the change." She smiled.

"Oh thanks." He took it and put it in his pocket.

Omni returned to Ganal who was waiting outside the shop.

"Nice bag." He said.

"Thanks." Omni looked at bag.
They began to walk towards the exit of the town.

"Hey kids."They turned around to see and NCS soldier.
"Hello sir." Ganal greeted him.

"Can we help you?" Omni crossed her arms and glared at the soldier.

"You are out past curfew." He stated.
"It's not even late!" Omni complained.

"Either I watch you walk inside a house or I attack." He firebended a flame in his hand, playing with it. "You don't wanna die at such a young age don't you?" He smirked

"Oh you little-" Omni got interrupted. "I'm am so sorry sir my children can be so rebellious sometimes. Come on children." A mid aged woman said.

"This is your mother?" He pointed to the lady.

Ganal and Omni looked at eachother and then nodded. "Yeah that's our mom." Ganal said while Omni was smiling innocently.

They all walked inside the flower shop the lady had come out of and Omni shot the soldier a dirty look before going inside.

"I'm so sorry for barging in like that. But those soldiers can be quite a nightmare. Have you eaten?" She smiled.

"No we haven't eaten." Omni said.

"Come take a seat we have plenty." She invited them to a table and the sat down.

"My name is Meiying, these are my 2 daughters Naomi and Lae." She pointed to lae(10) she had a long braid with flowers in her hair. And Naomi(16)had a short brown pixie cut. both with dark skin.

Naomi waved but Lae just stared at Omni not saying anything.

"Lae is deaf, she doesn't really talk nor does she interact with people that much. I apologize." Meiying said. Meiying did a few hand signs to Lae. Then Lae looked over me and waved at Omni and Ganal. Omni smiled and waved back.

"What are your names?" Meiying asked.

Ganal swallowed his food.
"My name is Ganal and this is Omni." He said.

"Nice to meet you." Meiying said.

They all ate in silence for a little bit.
Omni felt awkward so she broke the silence.
"You have some lovely flowers."

"Thank you! I have collected types of flowers from all over the world." Meiying said proudly.

"They won't let us out of our homes until morning. Would you like to stay here for the night?" Naomi asked.

"Yes thank you." Ganal said.

Meiying led them to a room with 2 hammock beds.
"Have a good nights rest." Meiying closed the door.
Omni and Ganal took off their cloaks. Ganal looked in his hood to find Fifi curled up in it.

They heard the door open.
"I had a feeling you guys were airbenders." Naomi was leaning against the door frame.

"Uh is that okay?" Omni asked.

"I guess but if you get caught bending you'll go to jail or worse." She said.

Omni looked at Ganal.

"Are you a bender?" Ganal asked.

"Yep, I'm an earth bender. As is my sister." Naomi bended the dirt from a flower pot and started spinning it around in her hand.

"Why aren't you guys at the air temples?" Naomi asked.

"Our temple was attacked and we are starting a resistance." Omni said.

"Neat." Naomi said as she walked out the door.

Omni took off her glasses and let her hair down. Ganal looked at Omni  across the dark room.

"What was that all about?" Ganal asked.

"I don't know just try and get some sleep."Omni turned over and fell asleep. Ganal fell asleep not much later.