Chapter 5 - The attack

"Thank you for letting us stay here we really appreciate it!" Ganal smiled. They both walked outside the door waving goodbye.

"How naive of an air nomad to stray too far from home."

Omni and Ganal turned around the see the same NCS soldier.
He firebended at them.
Omni and Ganal prepared to get hit by the fire and burn. But an earth wall had blocked it.

Omni looked and saw Lae and Naomi.
The soldier firebended again but Omni wasn't paying attention. The fire hit her wrist. She fell back in pain. "Omni!" Ganal ran over to Omni.
"We'll hold them off make sure Omnis okay!" Naomi said. She made an earth wall around them. "It hurts to bad!" Omni cried.
"You'll be okay just don't look at it." Ganal airbended a small patch of fabric off his sleeve and wrapped it around her wrist.

~~

Lae and Naomi continued fighting the soldier.
Ganal and Omni came out from the earth wall and began fighting the soldier. Other soldiers had joined in and there were about 5 in all.
"We can't win this fight!" Omni yelled, kicking a soldier off of her.

"Just keep trying!" Ganal airbended at a soldier, sending them off.

"Your an airbender, airbend!" Naomi yelled.
Omni focused on her breathing. She looked at her target, an earthbending soldier. She blew a strong gust of air at him. It wasn't very precise but it got the job done.
"I did it!" Omni grinned.

She looked over to Naomi. She had flung the fire bending soldier into a pond.

"Naomi watch out!" Omni yelled. Naomi dodged an earth spear but she didn't realize Lae was behind her.

The spear impaled her. "Lae!" Naomi screamed and ran over to her.

Ganal made an air bubble around them to protect them from any other attacks.

Naomi was sobbing. "Please Lae stay with me!" Naomi hugged her sister. Lae signed something to Naomi before blankly staring without blinking, a tear fell from her eye as she stopped breathing.

She was dead.

"I love you too Lae." Naomi sobbed while holding Laes lifeless body.

Rage filled Omni.
"You killed her!" Omni screamed.
She bended the air around her. She sent the wave of air flying towards the soldier it blasted him into the ocean. She didn't see him come back up.

"You just killed him.." Ganal said.
"He killed Lae, what else would I do?!" She yelled at Ganal.

"But I thought air nomads were peaceful."
He said.

"I don't care." Omni knelt down and put her hand on Naomi's shoulder.

"My baby!" Meiying sobbed.

Omni shed a tear. Seeing how sad they were about Lae reminded her of Yei Lu.

"I'm sorry." Ganal looked away from Laes dead body.

~~

Omni and Ganal got on Yigu.
"Wait!" They looked over to see Naomi coming towards Yigu.
"I'm joining your Resistance." She said.
"When I saw Lae die I realized how messed up the new Chen society is. I'm coming to help stop this."

"We'll hop on we don't got all day!" Omni waved.
Naomi climbed onto yigu.

~~

Ganal  was asleep on yigus neck with the reins in his hands.

Omni was leaning against the back of the saddle.
She heard quiet sobs. She looked over and saw Naomi crying into her palms. Omni went over to her and hugged her. "Lae would be proud." Omni said.

~~

Hi lmk if there's any typos this is my first book 😀