Chapter 6 - A Secret Love

" Your stance is pretty good. But try closing your arms a bit more to protect your upper body." Nayuk adjusted Jade's arms.

Jade blushed.

"Is something wrong?" Nayuk asked.
"Nope I'm fine!" Jade said embarrassed.

"Nothings wrong except for the fact that shes in love with you!" Rin made kissing noises.

"Shut up Rin."  They both said.
As much as Jade hated Rin saying that she also appreciated it.

Jade saw the sun begin to rise.
"I got to go I'll see you tonight."
Jade hugged Nayuk.

Jade looked over and Rin. Rin smirked at Jade. She got embarrassed and pushed away. She walked back to the base. The fact that she hadn't slept for about 2 days finally caught up to her. She rubbed her eyes. "Just one day." She yawned.

~~

She didn't even bother taking off her coat and plopped down on her bed.  "Why are you sleeping? We're supposed to be at class in 5 minutes!" Nala told her. "Ugh..." Jade groaned.

"Are you okay you look a bit... never mind you look great!" Nala said.

Jade shot Nala a glare.

~~

"Avatar Chen started the NCS when he felt that having 4 separate nations was not right and that everyone should be mixed together as one nation. Blah blah blah blah blah." The teacher continued. Jade rested her head on the desk. "Jade Lung! No sleeping in class!" She yelled.

"I expect more from the Generals daughter!" The teacher said.

"Class is dismissed please go to the training grounds."

Nala walked with Jade the the training grounds. Jade could hardly walk straight.
"Okay something is definitely wrong. Did you get enough sleep last night?" Nala said.
Jade didn't respond. "Hello?" Nala waved her hand in front of Jades face.

"I'm fine." Jade said.

They both got to the training grounds and sat down. On the benches. "Jade and Litzo." Jade and the young firebender, Litzo(15) looked at Wang. "As our best Earthbender and best firebender I would like for the both of you to demonstrate.

"Okay.." Jade got up and went to the slab of stone they train on.

Litzo stepped up. They got into their stances and began to fight. Jade earth bended a few large rocks at him but he easily dodged all of them. Litzo shot fire at her but she made an earth wall. The fireballs broke the wall and she got hit with a flying rock. She fell to the ground. Litzo pretended to firebend at her.

"Litzo won." Wang said.

"If shes the best earthbender wang better work on his teaching skills." Vira crossed her arms.

Nala rolled her eyes.

~~

"Nayuk I'm bored wanna have a snowball fight?" Rin leaned against the door frame.

"Just you and me?" Nayuk asked.

"Of course not dummy. I got a bunch of other kids." Rin said.

"Not right now sorry Rin." Nayuk sat on his bed.

"Oh by the way the winner gets 3 pieces of seal Jerkey. But if your not interested.." Rin walked out.

"Wait I'll come!" He felt his stomach rumble.

He ran outside where a group of about 5 of Rins friends were starting to make snowballs.

"So rules are. You can't waterbend unless you are in the final 2 and your both waterbenders. If you get hit your out." Rin explained.

"Sounds simple enough." One of her waterbending friends said.

"Three, two, one... Fight!" One of Rins friends yelled.

Everyone immediately started throwing snowballs at Nayuk.

He was covered in snow.
"I'm guessing I'm out." He sat down and waterbended the snow off.

He got up and went to his house. He went to he and Rins room.

"He looked out the window in the direction of the NCS base. He smiled and leaned against the window.

"Your thinking about Jade aren't you." Nayuk jumped at the sound of Rins voice.

"No!" He blushed.

"Whatever you say. I just came in here to grab my gloves." She slipped on her gloves and ran back outside.

~~

Jade walked into the cave.
"Hey Nayuk." She yawned.

"You sound tired are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I just had a long day." Jade said.

"I think you need I don't know, sleep?" Nayuk scratched his head.

"I'm fine." She said.

Nayuk put his hand on her shoulder.
"You need sleep." He said.

Jade looked in his eyes and kissed him. Nayuk pulled away. "What are we doing?" He questioned.

"I'm sorry I didn't ask you first.." Jade looked down.

"I'll just leave you guys alone." Rin was standing at the entrance of the cave.

"Rin hi! Uhm how long have you been here?" Jade asked with embarrassment.

"Long enough." She walked out leaving them alone.

"I can tell your uncomfortable. I'm sorry I'll just leave." Jade began to walk out but Nayuk grabbed her hand.

Jade looked back.

"You didn't do anything wrong." He said.

"You don't understand." Jade said. "I'm an honored member of the NCS. This is all sorts of wrong. Well you didn't do anything it was just me. I'm so stupid!" Jade buried her face in her hands.

"You're not stupid." Nayuk pulled her hands from her face and held them in his.

Nayuk pulled her into a tight and long hug.

She pulled away.

"I better get going now I'm tired." Jade yawned.

"Good idea." Nayuk waved as Jade walked outside.

———-

Hey so sorry if this was cringe. It also took a long time because I had to force myself not to cringe at my own writing. So yeah my bad :P