II.

"How did the talk with your mom go?" India asked, stuffing a french fry into her mouth.
I smirked in amusement.
"She laid me the hell out, but she's on board nonetheless."
"See! I told you she would."
"She brought up Lee, babe."
I saw India narrow her eyes and slouch slightly in her seat.
"No she didn't take it there."
"Same shit I said. She compared me to him bae. Ain't even gone lie, kinda did hurt my feelings with that one. Of all people to compare me to you compare me to him?"
India softly took my hand placed it on her growing belly and said, "Your not your father, Sean. Your son knows it too."
I smiled just knowing a little version of me or her was slowly growing inside.
"And for my son, I'll never be." I grabbed her chin to make her look up at me. "Look at me. I mean that India. You won't ever have to worry about that, I'll never leave you or our son behind."
She leaned over and kissed me.
"You promise?"
I looked into her eyes for a second.
"I pinky promise, girl."
She slapped my arm as she chuckled. I wrapped my arms around her and held her just the right amount.
"Nah, I got you. And I got our son. For as long as you both will have me."
I saw her smile as the sleepiness in her eyes started to overtake her.
"Let's get you home ma."